Roger L. Simon

The Wonderful World of John Kerry

February 21st, 2013 - 12:00 am

We should be especially wary of politicians who make these pronouncements about subjects of which they know little or nothing. And unfortunately plenty do. It is a sign they are likely to make pronouncements about all sorts of things based on limited knowledge or, even more frequently, dumbed down conventional wisdom (excuse the tautology).

Kerry’s desire to be a bien pensant, to be “well thought of,” is quite extreme. That was partly what motivated the sixties and seventies war protestors that both he and I were. We wanted to be the cool guys. It didn’t matter if you knew anything in those days — just as long as you were cool. But that’s over. We don’t live in Sam Cooke’s “Wonderful World” anymore.  Well, maybe Kerry does.

Don’t know much about history

Don’t know much biology

Don’t know much about a science book

Don’t know much about the French I took

But I do know that I love you

And I know that if you love me too

What a wonderful world this would be

Don’t know much about geography

Don’t know much trigonometry

Don’t know much about algebra

Don’t know what a slide rule is for

But I do know, one and one is two

And if this world could be with you

What a wonderful world this would be

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

I can only hope that we all survive the next four years and that somehow, some way, we can correct the mistakes made in 2008 and 2012. I am convinced that our divider in chief is now making his appointments in a manner to achieve the greatest amount of consternation in those that didn't vote for him.
If we stop and look at the 535 members of Congress - Representatives and Senators alike - can we really say that there is an intellectual giant among the whole group? Hell, can we say there is even one among them that is intelligent?

What does it say about us as a nation that the best we can come up with to run our government are the likes of Obama, Hillary, Kerry, Hagel, Paul, Boehner, Cantor, and on and on? And do we recognize them as the Mental Midgets they are? No, we heap praise and admiration on them as if they were minor gods, as saviors who will ride to our rescue.

We have been doomed since it became fashionable to openly and proudly espouse 'Politics' as a worthy profession and 'Politician' as a viable career choice.
At times like this I feel compelled to post the part of Eisenhower's farewell address that the left DOESN'T like to quote:

"Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite."
Never much liked that song. The woman he's trying to impress should be offended that someone that ignorant likes her...
Blackstorme is correct, of course. The evidence of abuse need go back no further than Climategate where we learned to "Follow the Money! [http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703939404574566124250205490.html]"

And Mr. Simon, if you study up on the subject and determine where the crooks are, we will permit you to join up with the "Deniers."
While Sen. John 'Baby Killer' Kerry certainly wants to be well thought of, I think you misuse 'bien pensant'. He desires to be well thought of by the people who count, by always being careful to express the currently 'correct' sentiment. And that stench you smell is that we're standing downwind of Auschwitz.

As for Algorism? Over. Sorry warmists, but it's straight from the horse's mouth -- the UK's Hadley Centre and Univ. of East Anglia's Climate Reasearch Centre. Yep, those climategate rascals just released the data proving the 15-year global temperature plateau. Meaning, temps have flatlined for almost as long as the warming trend. What's up next -- global cooling? We are between ice ages after all...

It's so confusing. What's a bien pensant to think?

John F. Kerry, Gigolo of state.
Once again, the primary point has been missed entirely. This is not about climate or science in any way. The issue is being used as a blunt instrument to further socialist goals. Do you really think Obama or Kerry care about the environment? When will even the smartest of our conservative voices wake up to the fact that these people are not misinformed or misdirected, but that they are ruining our country on purpose. Yes, on purpose. Wake up.
John Kerry's FaceBook -

Hi there fellow bloggers. My name is United States Senator John Forbes Kerry from the great state of Massachusetts. You can call me JFK if you want. I was born on December 11, 1943, although people tell me that I look at least 20 years younger. It's probably my great hair and rugged good looks.

I graduated from Yale in June 1966 in the top 1% of my class. To earn extra money during the summers, I loaded trucks in a grocery warehouse and sold encyclopedias door to door. That is probably one of the reasons that I am so humble. Over my four years at Yale, I maintained a 96 grade average and received a 101 average in my senior year.

I am one of the most senior members of that grand and much loved and respected institution known as the U.S. Senate. Probably the only Senator who was even a little bit greater than me and a little more humble was my dear friend Ted Moore Kennedy. I also have a very high IQ. Very high. At least 250 on a bad day. Much higher than that creep who stole the election from me. I know that he stole it because exit polls are never ever wrong.

I am also a great war hero. I set all kinds of records for heroism when I was in Vietnam. I was grievously wounded at least three times yet continued to insist on staying in the fight when lesser men would have given up. I won the bronze star with extra V's for extra valor and the Silver Star for defeating a whole battalion of NVA with my bare hands.
Sometimes I feel like a had to carry all the water for those other ungrateful swiftboaters.

I sometimes like to chill out after a long day of serving the American people by having a double martini with my good friend Ted, although I can't do that now as he has stopped drinking. We used to have a servant bring 21 double martinis. I got one and Ted got one for each of his fingers and each of his toes. Contrary to what some of my very few enemies say I never marry women for just their money. They must also have a pulse. BTW, did I mention that I was in Vietnam? I was also in Cambodia, so don't forget that!

I would like to think that I am open minded, honest, polite, heroic, trustworthy and humble. And I appreciate the same qualities in others although I am realistic enough to know that no one else could come close to me.

Turn offs: other politicians who spend more on haircuts than I do. That is just not right.

Who I’d like to meet:
…other progressive bloggers. Other great war heroes who hate that damn S-T-U-P-I-D Texan who stole the election from me by using Karl Rove's mind control machine and those lying sons of ###### swiftboat ######## whose pants are on fire! Cool people who live close to Washington D.C. so that we can get together, talk about you for about 30 seconds and then spend about 9 hours talking about me. BTW, did I mention that I was in Vietnam and Cambodia? Just one more BTW, if anyone has found my magic hat please return to me and I will reward you with a 32 ounce bottle of Heinz Ketchup autographed by me.

What's dangerous is when we have a populace so clueless or unattached that they can use anything under the sun to subvert our Constitution, our Republican form of government without batting an eye. What is so dangerous is, we as a populace can no longer recognize or name the enemy.
John Kerry is SOS? OK - good for a laugh or two - until I woke up one morning to find Kerry really WAS SOS!

I find myself in a bizarro world. I wanna go home!

Mr. Pompous Ass doesn't know he's pompous! This idea runs parallel to those stupid people who don't know they're stupid. And seeing those grades Roger mentioned makes me think the SOS has hit a twofer.

As for AGW? Prove it! NO! Really! Prove it! Put the CRU emails in the mix when the discussion comes up - OK?

The WOW? (war on women? Nice try! Too bad some of the women bought it. Low information voters - right?

Sequestration? Bring it on! Really - bring it on! Seems the left is getting nervous about this battle they've created. Whats the problem?

Keystone Pipeline? Please explain to the masses how the lack of the pipeline will benefit them - then explain why Soros and Buffett won't really benefit from this stupid decision all that much. I know better.

Obama's budget balancing plan? HA! Good for a laugh every time I hear some moronic Democrat tout the Prez'z 'plan' for balancing it.

Just a few of the many thoughts rattling around in my head today just after a couple of cups of espresso.

It is inconceivable, yet predictable that John Kerry, our new SoS would give a
speech on one of his favorite senatorial topics, that of global warming.
But with all the international issues that we face, from European economic
collapse to multiple Islamist (Muslim jihad terrorist problems), Mr. Kerry chooses the topic of global warming/climate change as a serious threat to
the U.S. and the world. Of course this is Agenda 21 Course#101.
He must have gotten his orders from the White House and the U.N.
Barely ten days in office and already we see that we need a new
Secretary of State.
Good luck, America.
God help us, was the first thought that came to mind when Kerry was solicited for SoS. And immediately my thoughts are confirmed with his ignorance. He doesn't care though. He gets to use his hefty carbon footprint to fly worldwide on taxpayers millions of dimes.

I listened to the global cooling crap for a decade..then the "political scientists" changed the term to global warming due to heatwaves. What are the iconic gw pimps saying now with snow on the ground in Tucson and Scottsdale? Other than "We missed our PGA golf game due to snow."

The EPA and the U.N. need to go.The EPA has been shoving policy down our throats for decades and are the most powerful agency in not only this country, but globally. They are pushing global policy through UN.

Now they are talking VAT on vehicles that have over 251 hp engines because that is considered a luxury and carbon taxes by the mile? These taxes are already being implemented in other countries. These people are out of their freaking minds.

I am a small business owner and all 8 of my vehicles are v8 pickups. Not for luxury, for necessity. Kind of hard to sweep parking lots or haul landscape equipment with a Prius..

They will argue that the snow only indicates more liquid in the atmosphere, caused by warmer temps, that had to come down somewhere.

Don't confuse weather with climate, though. Average temperatures have been trending up, just as they were trending down a few decades ago. They will likely trend downward again soon.
1 2 3 Next View All