Unexamined Premises

Mike Bloomberg, Liberal Fascist

March 24th, 2013 - 11:56 am

Note how piously the unctuous Nanny Bloomberg claims he’s not “banning anything,” when in fact that’s exactly what he tried to do until a New York state judge drop-kicked his assertion of unfettered government authority and bureaucratic oversight through the goal posts of personal freedom — a concept that is itself under direct attack by fascists like Bloomberg, who has married his $27 billion personal fortune to his power as NYC mayor in an attempt to impose his will on the residents of the five boroughs and beyond.

Our job is to educate .., all we’re trying to do is educate.

No, yer honor, your job is to manage the city government, to make sure the snow gets shoveled and the trash gets picked up, not to lecture the rest of us and use the power of City Hall to impose your particular life-style choices on everybody else. But that’s what happens when conservatives let the Left seize the narrative and promote governmental mission creep. Once government “addresses” a problem by throwing taxpayer money at it, it’s only a short hop to government claiming — as Bloomberg does in the clip — that because government spends money on a “problem,” it now has the right to dictate personal behavior. Sheer genius, really.

By now, the notion that government from the feds on down has the “right” to interfere in every aspect of American life is well-established and nearly unquestioned. Two generations of red-diaper babies have grown up with visions of the Frankfurt School dancing in their heads; they’ve adapted Marxist tactics to the capitalist system in the furtherance of their world-view — George Soros, take a bow — but their goal remains the same: power, disguised as “compassion.”

The collapse of free societies doesn’t start with the Vandals’ assault on the gates of Rome. It starts with “reasonable” restrictions on freedom, “carve-outs” and “exemptions” to constitutional principles, “temporary” taxes and suspensions of civil liberties — all designed to inure the public to the destruction of bedrock guarantees ( i.e. “Congress shall make no law…”) in the name of what’s good for them.

Gregory asks, “Where’s the line? Where is too far for government to go?” Bloomy’s comforting answer:

I do not think we should ban most things.

And to think this man still harbors a desire to run for president.

UPDATE: His Bloominess is launching another capitalism-financed regressive assault on the Second Amendment this very day:

[A] $12 million ad blitz targeting senators wavering on gun control will be just the beginning, Mayor Bloomberg warned Sunday.

“I have a responsibility … to try to make this country safer,” Bloomberg said on “Meet the Press” when asked if he’d spend big-time in next year’s elections to target the National Rifle Association and members of Congress for opposing gun restrictions.

“If I can do that by spending some money, and taking the NRA from being the only voice to being one of the voices, so the public can really understand the issues, then I think my money will be well spent and I think I have an obligation to do that,” he said.

Also read:

Morning Joe: If You Oppose Bloomberg’s Gun Grabbing, You Might Be an Anti-Semite

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law."

- Winston Churchill
I'm seventy-five years old, and as far back as I can remember, I've been warned that if I take something from the government, then it owns me, for if I want more, then I will have to pay with obeisance. It was so then, so it is now.

Bloomberg is just the more overt, pompous illustration of how petty things in life can come under government censure.

-----

Love the article and agree completely, except you're barking up the wrong tree with respect to blame.

There's no way in hell Michael Bloomberg would get elected where I live, Mr. Walsh. And we'd hang the little bastard from his you-know-whats if he tried to implement that crap here while mayor.

Manhattan and much of the surrounding area apparently love its fascists and the fingers should be pointed solely at the dimwits who both live in and manage that city and allow this pint-sized jackboot to run roughshod.

"We can't expect the American people to jump from Capitalism to Communism,
but we can assist their elected leaders in giving them small doses of Socialism,
until they awaken one day to find that they have Communism."

Nikita Khrushchev
We have an elitist with billions of dollars who is intent on buying his opinions and beliefs into law. I would love to see what the media would do if he were a conservative and not a liberal.
Bloomberg and Obama, they are about the same to me..
Bloomberg is less that in the mold of the traditional Marxist leftist and definitely more of a German Nazi (minus Holocaust).
As far as NY goes, I have no compassion for them. After all, they keep re electing him. But when he starts talking about taking care of the Country, I have a problem. I can take care of myself that you very much. And I don't need a nanny stater coming out here to fix what's wrong with Wyoming. Check the budgets and freedom factor between Wyoming and New York. We don't need a carpet bagger from New York to tell us what is and is not good for us. We're smart enough to figure it out ourselves.
Ironically, the teachers union is trying to remove Bloomberg's control of the public schools. Conservatives should be addressing public education and the stranglehold of the teachers unions, not calling the mayor a "fascist." On the carelessness of Jonah Goldberg's Liberal Fascism see http://clarespark.com/2010/03/10/jonah-goldbergs-liberal-fascism-part-one/.

In other words, "the public" doesn't understand the issues because we are really, really stupid, and we need a wise, all-knowing father figure like Bloomberg to guide us in the proper ways of thinking and being.

Well I, for one, am profoundly insulted.
Why Liberal Fascist. Nothing liberal there. Napoleonic complex writ large.
The disease of the rich: if I have ten million dollars, I'm smart. If I have one
billion dollars , I'm 100 times smarter. The man is a control freak. New York
voters are stupid. Look who they vote for.
Here's an idea:
NY state should pass a law stating that all officials of the state or any of its counties cities or towns with net worth over one billion (current) dollars must turn half of the excess over to their government employer. This should be made retroactive to the beginning of 2013.
The purpose of this legislation would be to prevent mega wealthy individuals from buying office for themselves or accumulating great wealth by whatever means while in office.
Once there was no uproar and/or street protests over Bloomberg's overturning of the City Council's law on term limits in 2009, his later actions should come as no surprise. Dictators understand that what is profound today becomes the accepted norm of tomorrow. Ban "Non-Aryans" from participating in German life stated Adolph Hitler in 1933? Absurd thought most Germans. In 1935, it was written into the Nuremburg Laws. Overkill you might say? Indeed, but it's becoming necessary.
1 2 3 4 Next View All