Faster, Please!

Arming the Mullahs

April 7th, 2014 - 6:03 pm

Mark rightly insists that if this deal is consummated, we should come down on the Russians with all four claws, but how likely is that?  As I write, Soviet — no, make that Russian — special forces are hard at work in Ukraine, stirring up ethnic conflict, the better to justify forceful action against Ukrainian territory.  We’re clucking our tongues and sending some fighter planes to Romania, but Putin won’t worry much about that sort of gesture;  he doesn’t believe Obama has the courage or the will to confront Russia.

Commentators are looking for ways to describe the current situation, and John Schindler, a smart man with a real talent for telling it straight, is calling it Cold War II.  I love his words here:  “While it’s certainly true that the U.S. and NATO don’t seek confrontation with Russia, it’s worthwhile remembering Trotsky’s line that you might not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.”

And so it is, indeed the war has been on for some time, and it’s a bit hotter than Cold War 1.0 was for most of the twentieth century.  Kiev burned, and may burn again soon.  Caracas is burning, as are many of Venezuela’s cities and towns.  Crimea has been annexed, and Syria is still aflame, as is Iraq, and also Yemen.  Estonia and Finland are seriously frightened, as well they should be.  If we pull back from the crisis du jour, we can see it’s a global conflict.  Iran and Russia are fighting in Syria, sometimes with and sometimes against the jihadi marauders.  Cuba is fighting in Venezuela, a country the Castros largely command, and Hezbollah is in there, too.  And for those of you who follow Africa, know that the Iranians are up to their necks in Nigeria, buying influence and supporting the mass murderers in Boko Haram.

Our enemies are indeed vulnerable.  I keep pointing to their fear of their own people.  Assad in Damascus, Khamenei in Tehran and Maduro in Caracas are all cases in point.  We could do a lot in those places, probably bring down the dictators without firing a shot.  But for that to happen, we need a president that believes in America.  As Schindler says, “We will have many allies in resisting Russian aggression if we focus on issues of freedom and sovereignty, standing up for the rights of smaller countries to choose their own destiny.”

The same applies to Putin’s comrades from Pyongyang to Nicaragua.

But, as the Ukrainian revolutionaries have found, and as the aftermath of our victory in Iraq has demonstrated, the battle against evil is not going to end on this earth, and if you fail to challenge the heart of the current darkness, you may well find things worse than they were before.  Our enemies are bursting with confidence.  They think they’ve got us.  Bret Stephens: “Mr. Putin knows Mr. Obama. He knows that the U.S. president has the digestive fortitude of a tourist in Tijuana.”

As Mr Obama runs for the Pepto Bismol, he’s arming our enemies for the next round.  So it’s gonna get worse.

(Artwork created using a modified element from Shutterstock.com.)

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Obama and his cabal, the mullahs, the Paul/Buchanan crowd and the Russian/Cuban etc large c communists get together build a couple of campfires and begin to make s'mores and sing in four part harmony

(Obama and his cabal start)

Imagine there's no countries

And the world will bow to Teh One

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for a Constitution
Or freedom from The Man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all your wealth...

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
And if you dare resist us
We will let you die

(The Paul/Buchanan crowd chimes in)

I am a rock,
I am an island.

I've built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Don't talk of war,
For I've heard the words before;
It's sleeping in my memory.
I won't disturb the slumber of courage that has died.
If I never fought I never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my Atlas Shrugged to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

(Feel free to join in)

Imagine there's no heaven
Surrounded here in vain
A country in surrender
Abandoned it in shame

Imagine all the traitors
Giving it away

It's easy if you try.
And Michael who is surprised....
Obama told us in his book exactly who he is, and the morons in our country voted for him anyway -- TWICE!!
When our voting public are to stupid to see the nose on their face, we must expect them to never wake up to reality.... Even as we drift into terror in our own Nation....
"the aftermath of our victory in Iraq"

"Victory in Iraq" is a delusion. 4,500 plus American troops dead, thousands of limbs lost, over a trillion dollars, that we don't have, down a rat hole and what was achieved? A U.S. sponsored Iraqi Islamic [Shariah] constitution, 2/3 of the Christians in Iraq ethnically cleansed, and majority Shiite Iraq now an Iranian ally and one practically from the time of this "victory". It was a victory alright, just not for America.
They get the parts anyway....through third parties. Just like Cuba.......rum & coke is ubiquitous there. ;-)
REAL Coke....imported from Mexico.
Coca Cola, that is...
and Obamas flood of American based equipment and funds to arm Egypt with a wing of F-16 fighter bombers, 125 m1a1 Abraham tanks, the resource funding to purchase two German coastal patrolling submarines, but went "Boo-Waa" when the Egyptian people kicked them out of office the Muslim Brotherhood still got assistance from Obama and the Us military.
several treasonous acts to further their control over seas against the rest of civilization.
so these very same violations are what Obama and the democrats have done several times over. Benghazi was to seal a deal brokered by Obama via Hillary to wrap up several weapons and funding deals made to help terrorist groups against Syrian governmental forces.
the equipment and materials left behind intentional to the Afghanistan government and suddenly released to the Taliban connections Oh well
I seem to remember seeing a news article, would've been around 04-05, that an Iranian gov op fronting as a museum was busted trying to buy a decommissioned F-14, because they were that desperate for spare parts. Isn't it a good thing when your enemies are desperate, and a bad thing to try to help them? Where's Oldsalt, we need one of his rants about treason.
Now we’re arming Iran.. of course we are! the Kerry plan to destroy Israel using 'diplomacy" is a #fail and Obama is desperate to make sure Israel is destroyed before he leaves office.
It seems like we are back to Iran Contra in the mid 1980's.

(Obama and his cabal start)

Imagine there's no countries

And the world will bow to Teh One

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for a Constitution
Or freedom from The Man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all your wealth...

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
And if you dare resist us
We will let you die

(The Paul/Buchanan crowd chimes in)

I am a rock,
I am an island.

I've built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Don't talk of war,
For I've heard the words before;
It's sleeping in my memory.
I won't disturb the slumber of courage that has died.
If I never fought I never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my Atlas Shrugged to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

(Feel free to join in)

Imagine there's no heaven
Surrounded here in vain
A country in surrender
Abandoned it in shame

Imagine all the traitors
Giving it away

It's easy if you try.
It does not matter which side you arm as it is an Islamic Culture War.

To all those people living in the Land of Oz.

We are in a World wide Islamic Cultural War or 1400-year-old Jihad.
We each see a different parts of it in the world and if you put all the violent parts together it adds up to only one cause: an 1400 year old Islamic Cultural War. It is the same as that joke of four blind men touching the elephant.

Arabs and Palestinians are controlled by it and do not know it!

It is not about land, rights or settlements, water or being politically left or right. If it were it would have been solved long ago. It has not.

It is Cultural War that means Islamic Culture must destroy Western Culture or Western Culture must destroy Islamic Culture. It is a Genocidal War.

Muslims have been fighting each other and others for 1400 years or more. There is no reason that it will stop now. If we want peace we must change Islamic Culture.

The book "Culture and Conflict”, explains it clearly. It shows that current cultural conditions in the Arab Middle East will not support internal development, advancement or peace until there is a major cultural change. “It is critical that we understand our enemy. That is step one in every conflict,” RR. Philip Carl Salzman, INSB # 978-1-59102-587-0.

I don't care in the least whether there is peace within Dar al-Islam.

Personally, I think the message ought to be: "Kill each other all you like; we'll lay in a supply of popcorn. But pull another stunt even faintly like 9/11 and we will blast you all to hadrons. Have a nasty day."
"if we want peace we must change the Islamic culture."

And then you go on to recommend a book. Oh, how high-minded of you.

There is no changing of Islamic culture. It is a death cult and, if you had done any research at all you would know that.
Oh yes, there is such a change possible. Changing three of the centres of Islamic "culture" (if you can call 7th-century banditry a culture) into rapidly expanding clouds of highly ionised plasma would be easy. If that doesn't work, do it some more in a few more places.

Unfortunately, one of the unholy sites of Islam coincides with important sites of two real religions, so that one's immune.
And Michael who is surprised....
yes, voting for Obama was stupid and suicidal, except for those who get paid off by the regime. but before we write off the electorate in general let's make sure the election wasn't falsified/stolen...another one of those investigations that never seem to happen somehow...
As a former Boeing contractor. I say DAMN THEM!
In the end, your position rationalizes things like arms to Syrian rebels, the 'rat lines' that Seymour Hersh described - the same funnel of weapons through Turkey and from Libya (see: Benghazi) that reaches the worst of al Qaeda elements. It is possible to oppose Russian designs in Ukraine and elsewhere without providing support to head-cutters. But you don't see that.
frankly anyone who takes S Hersh seriously needs attention. and like so many whiners here and elsewhere, you'd do better if you actually read the text.
Am also curious to know when you will cop to the nature of the Obama Admin, the questions about its legitimacy, and the relationship to those alarming questions to the support of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and throughout the region. In other words, please let us know when you will stop beating your patriotic drum and admit that the US has been a disruptive player in the region non-stop since 2008, as well as a threat to Israeli security.
I see. I read every word. I disagree with your ignoring of the Sunni elements of the Jihad and your ready dismissal of the Sunni-Shiite war as irrelevant. But thanks for the petulant personal attack, Ledeen. I guess all the compliments iIshowered on you in the past didn't amount to much.
1 2 3 Next View All