New Trailer: Will SyFy’s 12 Monkeys TV Show Live Up to the Cult Classic Film?

Are you a fan of the original movie by Terry Gilliam? Does this preview inspire much confidence in the upcoming show?

PJ Lifestyle Movie Trailer Review

July 18, 2014 - 3:00 pm

Walter Hudson and Dave Swindle are keeping an eye out for the most intriguing film trailers arriving online. Please let us know what upcoming films you want to talk about. Leave trailer URLs in the comments or tweet them to us on Twitter: @walterhudson @DaveSwindle

The movie was kind of a closed loop and I didn't think it would lend itself to a television show. The only way I can see this working on TV is if they totally toss out some of the movies time travel premises. And if you are doing that, why even call it 12 Monkeys? It would be a different show.

That being said, the trailer looked pretty good so I'll at least give the show a try. There is a current wave of Post Apocalypse TV so strike while the iron's hot.

Well, and the "original movie" wasn't all that original, either, since it was a remake of a French film La Jetée [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056119/] from 1963.
Quit watching SyFy when they dropped "Eureka." And, no, jsallison, the "critter of the week" does not interest me.

The only one watching SyFy in my household these days is the wife - for WWE Wrestling (which has exactly WHAT to do with "science fiction?" Fiction, I'll give you...)
I give SyFy channel props for trying stuff. Even if it's CGI critter of the week starring a slightly portly-er Bruce Campbell. B-movies provided paychecks and developed skills, need more of them. I'd love to see them start trying to do more stuff based on Hugo and Nebula award winners (Nightfall and Cold Equations and that's it???). It's not all as unfilmable as most of The Good Doctor Asimov's 300 page conversations, enjoyable as they were in print.

My first candidate: David Gerrold's Yesterday's Children.
The problem with these SyFy Channel multi part series is that they never live up to what the original film was....they can't possibly make it any better than the film was...and those who loved the film are always doomed to be disappointed...especially since we already know how it is going to come out