VIDEO: In the Presence of Greatness… We Are Oblivious

Put your phone down and see the world!

Megan Fox

May 19, 2014 - 1:41 pm

Is it the fluoride in the water? The GMOs? The petroleum-based dyes in all the food and body products? Is it the constant addiction to social media? What is it that we’re doing to ourselves that has zombified the world? Why are people so oblivious to things that would have made them jump for joy 40 years ago? What has happened to humanity that we can stand on a train platform and hear THIS… and ignore it?

To Henri Herbert, I’d like to apologize for the majority of humanity surrounding you when you gave them this gift who never even noticed. And thanks for trying to bring joy and happiness into this dark, strange place where beautiful music doesn’t move people anymore. (Even the ones paying attention stood there listening as if it were a lecture on economics… zzzzzzzz.) I’m terribly sorry you are giving piano lessons for pay and Britney Spears is buying another mansion. I also would like to apologize that you must live in a world where Justin Bieber would have been mobbed and you sat there, playing your heart out while some guy next to you listened to his iTunes (probably Bieber). Good Lord, what is happening? If anyone needs reeducation camps, it’s these clueless people. WAKE UP to the beauty around you, folks. It’s everywhere (not just on your iGadget).

Megan Fox is a homeschooling mom to her two girls ages 8 and 5 with a little boy on the way this summer and happy wife to her husband of fourteen years. She writes, gardens, composes conservative folk music and enjoys angering "faux feminists" as often as possible. www.Facebook.com/MeganFoxWriter

my buddy's mother-in-law makes $77 every hour on the internet . She has been fired for ten months but last month her income was $12719 just working on the internet for a few hours. this link .......wwwjobsur.com
On YouTube, check out pianist Stephanie Trick, or visit her website. http://www.stephanietrick.com/

She plays a genre called "stride piano" which has some resemblance to honky tonk and ragtime.
I'd like to have him for a friend and come play my piano!

I think you're being too hard on everybody, Megan. You're assuming they didn't enjoy this special moment in their lives.
I think what we're seeing here is more a reaction to a video camera in the area. The presence of a camera changes peoples normal behavior. For example the guy standing very still with his back to the piano, black jacket, newspaper folded under his arm. He is obviously watching for some one, but he is obviously listening as well.
Also, there is the 'situational' affect. Who goes to a train station to hear a piano recital?
Me? I would have been all over this, watching that left hand drive the beat and missing my train or whomever I was waiting for. But I'm easily distracted.
I disagree. Look at their faces! I only saw one guy smiling and actually looking at the pianist. The rest stood looking forward with empty looks on their faces. I'm sorry, but if you are truly enjoying something it will show up on your face. People don't know how to enjoy good things anymore. We are too surrounded by mediocre or inferior things posing as art to know what "great" is.
No Government bureaucracy taught him to do that, that much is certain.

Seeing that restores some of my faith in humanity.
If he made a sex tape with a rapper, everyone would know his name.
Joshua Bell played in a Washington D.C. meto station in 2007. Few noticed.

Makes me think of Snoopy dancing on Shroeder's piano.
Not that this excuses anything, but he did get more applause there than he did at Charles de Gaulle in a related video. Which makes the whole thing even sadder, I suppose.

I simply don't understand how people can just stand there and ignore this.
Why is Charles de Gaulle airport so empty? Not like it's 1am.
I think I know why no one wants to listen or show appreciation. Listening to Boogie Woogie music might be considered RACIST!
Yes! He's a CULTURAL APPROPRIATOR!

Great chops.