7 Media Stories From 2013 We Would Be Lucky to Never Hear About Again

Meanwhile, my bet is that a majority of the people reading this have to be reminded of the name of the communist who won the New York City mayor’s race.

David Forsmark

January 2, 2014 - 1:29 pm

Media frenzies are now the norm. There’s no use complaining about them; we can only grade them.

With something like the Boston Marathon bombing or the Newtown school shooting, a certain amount and type of news coverage is obviously justified.  But with the following media stories, I would say they were worth a Bret Baier Grapevine segment at most, but many made top 10 lists of the year’s media stories.

The Phil Robertson kerfluffle didn’t make this list—yet.  I’ve only watched Duck Dynasty once. I thought it was better than I expected, but not appointment TV.  But I like their family a lot.  Robertson made some substantive points—and the one that everyone says was “gross” is something that has crossed every straight male’s mind at some point.  And I mean every one.

Also, the discussion has been valuable—even when some of the commentary is not—as a Rorschach test for the pop culture and a measure of how many Americans are following the party line.

The rest of these, I would argue, don’t come close to that standard.

Via Instagram / http://instagram.com/p/irOWreEyXT/

Via Instagram / http://instagram.com/p/irOWreEyXT/

7.  Paula Deen

Paul Deen is getting referenced again in the controversy around Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty.  Yeah, let’s compare apples and cinder blocks.

Paula Deen, if it’s a story, is a story about lawsuit abuse.  It’s a story about the media feeding frenzy.  But Paula Deen herself should sell cookbooks and stay out of my newscasts.

Granted, she didn’t try to get there.  She was minding her own business on the Cooking Channel (which was why I had never heard of her) when some former employees sued her.  They lost the lawsuit in slam dunk fashion, but not before Mrs. Deen fell all over herself in a deposition in which she had to answer questions about whether she (or her hiring practices) was racist.

Not that I’m condoning perjury, but what special kind of fool blurts out something in a deposition that only a spouse could sell them out on—especially since doing so would hurt the spouse financially in equal measure? Did Paula really think that if a lawyer asked her husband if she said “ni**er” a lot, he would say, “Hmmmm, well back 20 years ago after she was mugged, I think she called that guy bad names…”?

Paula Deen then proceeded to show up on morning shows and give tearful apologies that would make Tammy Faye Bakker cringe.

But other than being really bad at being in the national spotlight outside her cooking show bubble, I can’t for the life of me think of what Paula Deen did wrong—or why anyone should care.

These, "Big News Stories," are exactly the type of thing gossip hounds and busybodies live for, which explains how they became, "Big News Stories," in the 'news' media.
'Bubbly Bill' de Blasio - or, to his friends, 'Bubbles.'
BILL DE BLASIO’S HIDDEN AGENDA FOR A HORSE FREE NEW YORK (SATIRE)

Rumor has it that when Bill de Blasio was a snotty little brat of a kid growing up in Brooklyn he was thrown from a horse on a bridle path that put him in the hospital with a severe concussion that nearly killed him; and that the blow to his Italian noodle was such that it knocked all the horse sense out of him leaving him an imbecile; and that since this near fatal accident he’s become a horse-hating Marxist equinophobe swearing eternal vengeance on the animals......

To continue click www.apollospeaks.com

Anyone who has ever been a teenager or been a parent to a teenager can sympathize with Baldwin. He may be a jerk, but to take one angry exchange with his daughter and make him out to be a monster is a joke. WOuld anyone want what was said between themselves and their teen recorded and then replayed like that?
That Megyn Kelly bit was the most memorable stupid media story of the year for me. Such a painful expose of what modern conservativism has become. Her racial angst leaps off the screen as she oh-so-earnestly lets the white kids know that Santa looks like them -- factually.
Santa Claus is white. Superman is white. Apollo Creed is black. Shaft is black. Klingons were white in the TV Startrek, then became black in the TV Startrek the Next Generation. As it is written, so be it done.
Santa Claus is no longer in business for himself.

He accepted a lucrative job offer from FedEx to deliver the gifts.
FWIW? Jodi Arias looks VERY attractive to me. I'm just going by looks, mind you, and only by the photo Forsmark witlessly put into this blog post while knocking her looks. Dude, if you want to call a chick homely, back it up with an appropriate image.
The technical term is "office hot." Which is when a woman is considered attractive due to a lack of competing alternatives. That is why she made it to the law gawker cable channel. She was more attractive than most other female defendants.
Even here, this ain't prime time, but it's not the pic I would have chosen, and nothing how she ever looked on TV. But sorry to step on your crush.
I'd be happy never to hear a single syllable about Miley Cyrus again ... although I do have to admit she is like a 30-car pile-up on the Interstate. Gruesome and protracted, and you don't want to slow down and stare, but you have to eventually, because the traffic is backed up ten miles in both directions and there isn't much else to look at.
It was too easy... and she's already boring the media, she's on the downside.
I see her and think, "Gosh it's sad that so many young people have been molested at Disney Studios. She should get professional counseling."