Walter Hudson

December 8, 2013 - 11:00 am

1486913_552919054801153_1744350014_n

Some ideas trigger an intellectual gag reflex and leave your neurons gasping for reason. This image conveys one such idea.

Once you regain your composure, realize that this characterization says more about its leftist creator than it says about the Right. It’s because the cartoonist fixates upon the holdings of others that they project that fixation upon the Right.

Indeed, it’s the leftist who seeks to affect what everyone else owns, not the Right. It’s the leftist who presents a list of things others can’t have — large sodas, carbon-emitting vehicles, a healthcare plan they like, etc. It’s the Left that acts as Grinch, plundering in the guise of Santa.

Walter Hudson advocates for individual rights, serving on the boards of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Minnesota, Minnesota Majority and the Minority Liberty Alliance. He maintains a blog and daily podcast entitled Fightin Words. He also contributes to True North, a hub of conservative Minnesotan commentary, and regularly appears on the Twin Cities News Talk Weekend Roundtable on KTCN AM 1130. Follow his work via Twitter and Facebook.

I do not want people to have a blind faith in Obama or any other Socialist savior nor the belief that an all powerful government will, can or should save them from the consequences of their own chosen lives.
I don't want others to steal my childs future.
Should be "child's" not "childs". Too quick on the draw.
Once again leftist thought is revealed to be of no more consequence than a cartoon. And once again the left engages in pure projection.
I have to tell you when I first saw the picture, the "GOP" on the hat was too small for me to read, and the elephant's trunk was obscured by his costume. All I saw was the outline of the big floppy ears, and of course you know I didn't think of Republicans when I saw that...the only politician with big floppy ears lives in the white House...
Let's add to this list, folks!

I do not want Americans to have a deliberate mal-education, paid for by tax dollars.

I do not want Americans to have blind faith in the truthfulness of the mainstream media.

I do not want Americans to have government programs that create dependency and destroy families.

I do not want Americans to have their savings and earnings destroyed by inflation, which is solely brought on by government malfeasance, i.e., fiat money.

I do not want Americans to have a legal system that rewards irresponsibility and the greed of amoral lawyers.

I do not want Americans to have career politicians who have no interest in what is good for America, but only what is good for themselves.

I do not want Americans to have to live in fear of criminals, who are virtually a protected class in America.

I do not want Americans to have to worry about police breaking in their door with guns blazing, because they got the wrong address.

I do not want Americans to have to submit to searches simply to go about their lawful business, such as traveling to and fro.

I do not want Americans to have to press 1 to speak English.

I do not want Americans to have to provide details of their personal earnings & spending habits in order for some bureaucrat to determine how much tax is owed.

I do not want Americans to have to live in fear of losing their homes to the tax man. EVER!

I could go on, but... Anybody else?

(show less)