At Least We Don’t Have Marauding Hippos in the Streets of America

A reminder to be grateful for the incredible blessings of living in this country.

Paula Bolyard

November 3, 2013 - 2:00 pm

taking-action0001

In addition to the physical dangers inherent in living in Kenya, my friend who ministers to widows there tells me that the future is often very grim for women who lose their husbands. Widows have no legally protected absolute rights to inheritance and in many cases the property passes to the husband’s family upon his death. Often, the grieving widow must stand by and watch as her in-laws confiscate their property, sometimes dismantling the family home and hauling away the building materials, leaving her destitute.

Margaret Nil, a widow and mother of seven, tells a story that is all too common to widows in her country:

“After his burial, things drastically changed for the worst, my in-laws took all the properties my late husband had bought, nothing was left to me; the culture does not recognise the well-being of a woman,” she told Think Africa Press.

Ngii says that most of the widows in the area do not have the right to inherit any property from their late husbands, forcing many widows to return to their ancestral homes.

“I have tried to seek help from the local authority but all in vain…I am forced to work as a house helper so that I can feed my seven children”.

After the loss of her husband, most of her friends left her to struggle alone.

“What many widows go through in our area is shocking; we are isolated and left alone. The number of suffering widows is growing day after day…The situation is even worse when the woman is illiterate, which is common in the area; some are accused of the death of their husband.”

Ngii worries how her children will cope. “It has been hard for my children to construct a traditional hut since their dad’s piece of land was sold after his burial; I do not know where to go from here.”

Many women turn to prostitution to survive.

My heart breaks for widows like Margaret and like the widow of the man killed by the hippo and I pray for their fatherless children.

I don't think a marauding hippo would last very long in the US. Someone would pull out a deer rifle and plug it a few time. Eventually it would figure out it was dead.

In fact marauding anythings don't really last that long in the US, unless they are in a "victim disarmament" area.
No, you don't have hippos rampaging in the streets. But you do have mobs of um, Scandinavians, brawling, rioting and bashing white folks in your major cities.
At Least We Don’t Have Marauding Hippos in the Streets of America

Because you have to drive to Walmart.
I wonder what happened to that guy in the photo.
Holy cow! At first glance I thought it said "marauding hippies"
What we have are marauding bands of unemployed Democratic voters who do much more damage than hippos.To judge by the similarities of downtown Detroit to London and Warsaw circa 1944, they are more in the class of the Luftwaffe
At Least We Don’t Have Marauding Hippos in the Streets of America

Obviously you've never been to a demonstration involving fembots. I'd prefer rampaging hippos - not there's physically much difference for many of 'em.

Indeed you don't. You don't have any stampeding bison in most places, either. Nor do you have any passenger pigeons making a nasty mess on your cars. There aren't too many Indians on the warpath, either.

I confess that I might be wrong here - but AFAIK hippos are one of the most difficult things to shoot. Although their skin is quite soft, it's also extremely thick. I suspect that a "deer rifle" wouldn't do much except annoy one, unless you were lucky with shot placement. Since the vast majority of American gun owners can't be bothered to learn how to use them properly...
"Mud, mud, glorious mud
Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood."
THE HIPPO SONG
The English, besides being Arabists, are pro Hippo.
"And the Lord said to Moses, 'How long will this people despise me? And how long will they not believe in me, in spite of all the signs that I have done among them?'"

Isn't this God complaining?
Hippos, no. RINOs, on the other hand....
Yeah, America's a regular paradise. Unless...unless you're a poor white who can't escape from a "vibrant" neighborhood. But of course all "nice" people have learned not to talk about that. Hell, they've even learned not to think about that. Makes the lie go down so much smoother.
Raccoons knock over my garbage can. My neighbors dog barks at cats. My life is not so easy.
1 2 Next View All