Bryan Preston

September 7, 2013 - 1:00 pm

shutterstock_135405383

Let this be a warning to criminals in the Lone Star State. We don’t even need guns to defend our families. But we do have guns. Lots of them.

A Texas father will not face murder charges for killing a man with his own bare hands after he discovered the suspect raping his 5-year-old daughter in a remote barn.

A Lavaca County grand jury decided not to charge the 23-year-old father, whose name was withheld, in the June 9 death of Jesus Mora Flores, 47, citing Texas state law where deadly force is authorized and justified in order to stop an aggravated sexual assault, the Daily Mail reported.

The jury also cut him a break for the 911 calls he made immediately after the attack.

Sheriff Micah Harmon said in June that he was not willing to press charges against the father, and rather the case would be presented to a grand jury.

The man did what any father would, or ought, to do. He rained down fists on the rapist until he was dead. His neighbors support him.

Residents of the small town largely supported the father through his legal troubles.

“[Flores] got what he deserved, big time,” Sonny Jaehne told the Victoria Advocate.

“I would probably do worse,” said friend Mark Harabis. “The family will have to deal with that the rest of their lives, no matter what happens to the father. Even if they let him go, he and his child will have to deal with that the rest of their lives.”

*****

Cross-posted from the PJ Tatler

image courtesy shutterstock / Artkot

Works for me.
Failure to defend yourself, your family or your neighbor is cowardly, disgusting and immoral. Only a tyrannical Marxist, Fascist or Islamo-Fascist government would criminalize this or any other man acting in defense of life and limb, and would thereby place the government into a state of war with him.

“He who attempts to get another man into his absolute power does thereby put himself into a state of war with him; it being to be understood as a declaration of a design upon his life. For I have reason to conclude that he who would get me into his power without my consent would use me as he pleased when he had got me there, and destroy me too when he had a fancy to it; for nobody can desire to have me in his absolute power unless it be to compel me by force to that which is against the right of my freedom... To be free from such force is the only security of my preservation, and reason bids me look on him as an enemy to my preservation who would take away that freedom which is the fence to it… he that in the state of society would take away the freedom belonging to those of that society or commonwealth must be supposed to design to take away from them everything else, and so be looked on as in a state of war.” John Locke

He is a true hero of our time. He saves an unknown number of little girls from being raped, he saves taxpayers tons of money to bring the rapist to court and provide him room and board until he's ready to rape more little girls.

The little brother is a little hero too. He did not cower in fear, he called for help. They deserve a few medals.