Megan Fox

August 28, 2013 - 11:00 am
<- Prev  Page 2 of 10  Next ->   View as Single Page

church

9. Sunday is not just another shopping day.

This seems like a no-brainer, but if you plan to just drop your kid off at Sunday school while you head to the bar, don’t bother. Take your daughters to church and implement what you learn there in your lives. This means finding out what she learned and talking about it with her, praying with her, and showing her how to have a relationship with God that will stick with her. Learn her Bible verses with her, read scripture together, particularly the scripture that deals with the worth of women, for she is more precious than rubies and diamonds and she should know it.

Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train a child in the way she should go and when she is old she will not turn from it.”

There is no time too early to train your daughter in the ways of the scripture. Nothing she will learn there will harm her or bruise her. It will arm her with spiritual ammunition to fight the cultural onslaught of crap coming her way. When her friends take her to a club and everyone is simulating sex on the dance floor, perhaps she will remember Romans 12:2, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”

Train her to discern what is good and what is harmful. It takes practice and study and repetition to focus your girls on whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if there is any excellence,  anything praiseworthy, think on those things!  Philippians 4:8-9

#11. Show your a daughter a picture of Anthony Weiner and say, "If you twerk, this man will send you pictures of his junk."
Ms. Fox, you are my feminist hero. You go girl!

While teaching high school US History a couple years ago (as part of a sabbatical), I compared the positions ofl "first wave" feminists with the "fauxminists" (love this term, thanks for the tip) of today and the class' females identified much more strongly with the views of Susan B. Anthony, et al., than those of Gloria Steinham and her ilk. When I described the views of today's "gender feminists," (using their own words) several young ladies in my class audibly commented, "that's crazy."

I mention this experience because I believe a significant proportion of today's young women do not identify with the ideology of fauxminists, but since they rarely encounter brave women you are willing and able to articulate true feminism, they, over time, accept female cultural marxism as de rigour.
oh, this is funny! Twerking is how fat black strippers danced at low-life clubs, like, 30 years ago. It's why all the black-guy smut magazines show the girls with big ol' heinies and thighs, instead of boob-shots, like white girls.

The main thing I got out of Miley was- she's got cellulite! She's 20, and she's pretending to be a stripper. A 20 year old stripper doesn't have a dad, doesn't have a fixed address, doesn't tell her real name, and doesn't have cellulite! She's giving real strippers bad publicity!

Although- what on earth is her mascara and lipstick? She sweated- and it didn't run- and her lipstick stayed on while her tongue was hanging out. Who does her makeup?
" Dads, you need to date your daughters and win their hearts"
Uhm Incest much?
Other than that a solid article. On #9 What you describe is best (for your sons too) If you are not going to be involved go ahead and drop your kids off at Sunday school o the way to the bar. It is better than leaving them at home or taking them with you to the bar.
Only other thing I would mention is encouraging your children to pursue an interest is great,particularly if that interest is something that can translate in to a career. However I wouldn't sell all my worldly goods to try and chase an Olympic dream. What about your other kids? For every person who makes it there are dozens who took out a second mortgage and worked 2 jobs only to come up short. If you do make it the Olympics are not exactly a hotbed of moral activity http://www.cracked.com/article_19733_5-things-they-dont-want-you-to-know-about-olympics.html Even if she makes it and comes back without an STD, then what? What is the job market for bronze metal gymnast?
you have a point about the Olympics.
I love this article. I. Love. This. Article.
Every word is gold and needs to be carven on the side of a mountain somewhere.

Thank you, Megan.
4. Teach her real feminism.

Which unlike the suffragettes you mention who just wanted the vote (but were pro-life & pro-family), means being able to pursue whatever path seems right & good to YOU. No, I don't mean twerking whenever or wherever you feel like it, or any other idiotic, juvenile bhvr. (to be fair, I'd like to know who thought up that nauseating routine Miley um, performed and got paid big $$ for) "Real" feminism meant (note: past tense) women could CHOOSE to stay at home, be out in the workplace, etc. Didn't have to wear uncomfortable corsets & girdles to contain their womanly shape (so as not to arouse those goatish men w/no self-control; sounds like current muslim thinking). The key here was women wanted to be free to choose, not be told, "You can't do that, *ONLY* b/c you're female." It's inescapable that a few women would carry it to extremes and STILL try call it feminism; the "I'm a hooker & celebrating my sexuaity!" school of thought (that argument is ridiculous on the face of it).

On the other hand, trying to combine a career (even plain ol' job) and family is an extremely delicate balancing act, unless you've got enough money to hire reliable help. When I was trying to do this (after hubby left b/c he couldn't quit infidelity & didn't plan to), it actually was easier only having 3 ppl. to cook, clean, laundry, chauffeur, supervise, etc. instead of having that 4th person so completely usless he'd literally drop stuff on the floor (from empty wrappers to actual food to clothes to tools, fer G.sakes) for me to bend over & pick up. I felt like I'd been taking it "bending over" for a long time, yet I hung in there until HE left. Did I mention the verbal & emotional abuse? (and even physical a couple times) Yeah, thanks to feminism I couldn't leave, b/c they'd stopped giving alimony & I barely made enough to keep our home running. So I got the WORST of both worlds, stay-at-home mom & career woman. Always felt torn - either not being a good mom, or a good employee. For about 12 yrs., 5-6 hrs. sleep was a GOOD night.

All I'm saying is that orig. feminism in the late 60s-early 70s wasn't so much about catch words like empowerment, as it was about being able to choose your life w/o someone slamming the door in your face b/c you were "just" a woman.
I sure wish that was true...but it's not. It was NEVER about letting women choose their path and giving them more options, it was about creating foot-soldiers because a handful of women wanted to be men. There are women who want to be doctors and entrepreneurs and scientists...and there are women who want to be wives and mothers and homemakers. Rather than simply opening up opportunities for the former, modern "feminism" pushed the latter out into the workforce even if they had NO desire to be there. They pushed women into roles they were not only ill-suited for, but never wanted in the first place.

So now we're stuck with lower wages for the same jobs, (because many women are not as qualified as their male counterparts in the same job and are forced to work for lower wages due to lesser quality work) inferior work, and a massively flooded work pool that drove down wages overall. The rising prices (thanks to this and rising inflation, rising taxes, illegal immigration, dropping quality of education, etc etc) and lowering wages soon meant that women were driven out of their homes and FORCED to work, leaving them merely a choice between different kinds of thankless, unrewarding jobs.

And for the fauxminists of the 60s and 70s, that was a feature, not a bug. Who cares if women are miserable, unhappy, poor, and bitter? There's a HETEROPATRIARCHY to fight!
Being able to "choose" your exact lifestyle isn't "feminism" - it's fantasy. That anyone still buys into this old canard is evidence of how far people can delude themselves.

Unless you're born wealthy, NOBODY gets to "choose" very much about their lives, ESPECIALLY men. Henry David Thoreau said it best: "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." Feminists just assume (project) that because men aren't yap yap yapping complaints they must just LOVE schlepping off everyday to the ol' 8-to-5.

I'm also tired of the lies about the "bad old days" before feminism. No woman was forced to wear a corset. They wore corsets because their friends wore corsets - the urge to compete with other women as strong then as it is today. They certainly didn't wear them to "not arouse those goatish men" as a corset enhances an hourglass figure. Even "goatish men" (love the feminist demonization of male sexuality even as they demand to indulge their own sexuality) disliked a flabby, penduluous gut hanging down (aka "womanly shape" in femspeak).
this is an excellent article and should be required reading for everyone nationwide. I work with a girl who is 28 years old and she's like a totally valueless (a word? I don't know but it describes her perfectly) individual. She thinks it's perfectly okay for a person to have an abortion a day before they are supposed to give birth
sorry I posted before I was done.

anyway this girl I work with met some dude on a chat program and had him move in literally days later. she's constantly giving people advice and she really thinks she smart. she thinks having diseases like HPV is not a big deal at all. She totally and completely disgusts me
We have all been programmed to "watch". I almost watched the two white guys twerking, but I caught myself. Apparently, Abraham Lincoln didn't frequent any ne-gro dance clubs in his day. Things might be different today if he had.
So now the dance move that's been around for decades in minority sub-culture is OK when Hanna Montanna does it... white, blonde, (blue eyed?). Really takes a lot of hard practice and training to twerk... Is twerking true? beautiful? good? Would Maxfield Parrish make a painting of it?

A psych prof once said that girls got into bad relationships and mindless sleeping around because they did not have a father to tell them (and demonstrate) how beautiful and loved they were. So they went off looking for love in all the wrong places.
miley looked like a toddler trying to be sexy. it was not'shocking' but more akward. the chick had no body, no butt , no boobs she serioulsy looks like justin beiber with that turbodike haircut.And lets face it kids, sex IS fun. but be smart about it. you can have lots of good old fashioned humpin and not get pregnat , not get a disease, and not degrade yourself.
Oh, so you read the Camile Paglia article, too? I couldn't really disagree with very much in it.
A fine article, top to bottom. It's a sad indictment of our culture that these points could be considered controversial.
That actually is better, or at least equally good advice than the nine in the article, Skeet. Good stuff.
the problem with that is you may accidently see it too and kill your own sex life. kida like medusas head
Good list and I think #1 is the most important by far. The problem is that too many dads are not around at all.
I don't know about the "too many dads are not around" thing. I'd be willing to bet the average father today is way more involved than at any other time in human history. My personal observation is that many dads are even more involved than MOM is. In fact, I'm personally aware of a large number of mom's who have broken up their families or abdicated their parental responsibilities, but I can't think of even one dad who's bailed. As an attorney who has done some divorce work, I can speak with some authority on this.

The much bigger problem is that too many dads have drunk the feminist cool-aid and fail miserably at the things this article discusses in point 9 thru 2.
1 2 3 Next View All