How These 3 Simple Principles of a Judeo-Christian Diet Saved My Family

Once we realized that food was not the enemy, but a gift from God, it changed the entire dynamic of how we viewed what we ate.

Rhonda Robinson

July 22, 2013 - 3:00 pm

shutterstock_126335573

1. God Designed Us to Eat.

At the risk of stating the obvious: We were created to eat. We come out hungry and spend our first years tasting everything from rocks to the contents of a diaper. Then we spend the rest of our lives struggling against the food we want to eat and the food we “should” eat. Then food becomes the enemy. That’s not the way it was supposed to be.

Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moveson the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food”; and it was so. Genesis 1:29-30

Eating is not only something we do to physically survive; “breaking bread” together has a deeper spiritual richness that strengthens families and friendships. When God made Adam and Eve, He put his beloved creation in the midst of a garden. He surrounded them with His abundance and bathed them in His fellowship.

Once we realized that food was not the enemy, but a gift from God, it changed the entire dynamics of how we viewed what we ate.

Yes! The first was taken last September, when he arrived at the nursing facility. It was such a hard day for both of us. The last one was taken a couple months ago. Doesn't he look wonderful?

I'm so proud of him. They couldn't promise he would have his legs today-- now he can walk a full mile.
Diet has a lot to do with a persons health. Another thing that will help your health is proper exercise. I am a senior fitness trainer and have found out, with working with seniors from 66 to 99 years old, what a big difference proper exercise can make in a persons life.
Can't wait to read about it. My wife and I are making some changes as well...we're both overweight with a two-year old son, and tired of not being able to keep up with him (plus any others God chooses to bless us with).

I hope your husband keeps it up. This kind of lifestyle change gets harder the older you get (I'm 38 and fighting years of habitually feeding my body utter crap), but it sounds like he's well on his way.
Where there's a will and God, there's a way. He never gives you more than you can handle. God bless you and I hope you continue on your journey to good health as a family in God's sight.
Rhonda,
Thank you for your attitude! Thank you for your trust in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; but above all; thank you for sharing!!! Mike ... you are a man that is truly blessed and; with attitude, continue to say no to everything discouraging the enemy may place before you! Go man go!!!
Rhonda, So THRILLED that your beloved Mike is well on the road to recovery. Like you, I have found that a "natural lifestyle" is the only path to health. I am now 61 & just last year I KILLED stage 3c ovarian cancer, ("survived" is FAR TOO WEAK a word for the full scale war my Husband & I waged). My 1 year "Remission-aversary" was August 2 & aside from the chemo induced neuropathy in my hands & feet I am in decent shape & am up 20 lbs. from my low of 117, & plan to stay here. I am being cured of the neuropathy with Accupuncture, which incidentally, also cured me of migraine headaches with just 5 treatments in 1991. In 2010 I broke my toe, walked incorrectly for a year (compensensating) & have to traverse 4 specialists, each of which I told "but I just need Physical Theraphy". I FINALLY got my P.T. & they put me on the Pilates Reformer which fixed things. By walking wrong, I had pain in my knee, hip & lower back. This was due to the akward walks effect strengthening one of the major long tenons in the leg while simultaneously weakening the other, resulting in bone on bone rubbing. The Ortho wanted to install a new fake knee & that WAS NOT going to happen. When I was 22, I learned that Dr's don't have all the answers when hospitalized for a week with some mysterious digestive ailment which was NEVER actually diagnosed. The Dr's put me in a low fiber diet & I was in agonizing pain every time I ate. Three weeks out of the hospital (in desparation) I walked into a Health Food Store & told this story to the lady working there. She must have been an ANGEL, because she was a licensed Nutritionist & most of them are in private practice, not working in a Health Food Store. She got me on the right track & I csncelled the follow up visit to the expensive "do nothing" G.I. Dr. What I've learned. 1) Eat Organic. Pesticides, herbicides, & GMO's are NOT dietary requirements, they are the antithesis to good health. 2) The human body is a bio mechicanical structure that is designed to MOVE. Exercise is a REQUIREMENT! 3) People will only exercise when they find the "personal payoff" that suits them individually. EX: I LOVE Pilates, Yoga & Swimming, because I see results & I see them FAST! I'm not patient enough to wait long for results. My neighbor is a 65 year old woman who plays Racketball with men un their 40's, because she is a great player & likes to compete with equal opponents. For her it's all about competition. My cousin LOVES her Zumba class, because she likes to socialize with the other women, so the social aspect is her "pay off". There MUST be a PAY OFF!! BTW, I have reversed most of my varicose veins with a supplement called "Vein Factors" by Future Biotics. I am eliminating the pain (needles & pins + sharp stabbing pains) of neuropathy, with the Methlycobalmin version of B12 + the Benfotiamine version of B1, while the Accupuncture is eliminating the numbness & swollen feeling. RE: Physical Therphy, my P.T. Therapist told me that, in addition to uing Pilates on the Reformer. that I should swim to re-build the cartiledge in my knee. Sorry for the length of this post, but even this is but a summary to what I've discovered in my independent research in maintaining proper health.
I appreciate you sharing what you've been through. But I have to tell you, you scared me. Two weeks ago I broke a toe. It doesn't seem to want to heal. Still swollen, still can't hardly walk on it. Hurts like the dickens. Mike keeps telling me to be patient, stay off it and let it heal. I know he's right. But a year? yikes.
That ain't right, Rhonda. I've broken two, and you shouldn't be in that kind of shape two weeks later. I suggest you talk to your doctor. If he says it's healing properly and that it's just a matter of time (i.e., nothing unexpected is wrong), then please consider looking into Dr. Christopher's Complete Tissue and Bone. I've seen it do amazing things for healing.

When people would ask my grandmother why she spent so much on healthy foods—some foods were much harder to get back then—my grandmother always would say, "You can pay the grocer or you can pay the doctor."
That's where we are. I'd rather pay the grocer, even more so our local organic farmer. I think as more people become aware, the market will respond and finding good food won't be nearly as hard or as expensive.
Speaking of healing qualities and food, this one is pretty amazing...

'super honey' with amazing power to treat soldiers' wounds and kill superbug infections

You're right. That is fascinating. I love discovering "super foods" and things like that honey with amazing healing properties. Too bad it's not commercially available.
It is wonderful to see God's hand at work!

I thought the Kosher concept was rendered null when Peter was told to "kill and eat".
That depends - if someone is suggesting that Christians are obliged to observe the Jewish dietary laws, they are guilty of corrupting the Gospel.

However, I take it that the author is suggesting that it is WISE, from a purely physical standpoint, to follow those laws, as the reason God gave them was (partly) to guard the health of His people Israel. Since their bodies are not different from ours, what is healthful for them, is therefore healthful for us.

This is a VERY different thing from suggestion that Christians are legally obligated to observe the Jewish laws.

Yes. Thank you for clarifying for me. That's exactly what I mean.

Also would you mind explaining further?
"By the way, "Kosher" is not the same as God's dietary laws given in Scripture. Rather, it's a corruption of those laws."
Perhaps a couple of examples will suffice to illustrate the difference:

GOD'S LAW: You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk.

KOSHER: "The Oral Torah explains that this passage prohibits eating meat and dairy together. The rabbis extended this prohibition to include not eating milk and poultry together. ... This separation includes not only the foods themselves, but the utensils, pots and pans with which they are cooked, the plates and flatware from which they are eaten, the dishwashers or dishpans in which they are cleaned, the sponges with which they are cleaned and the towels with which they are dried. "

GOD'S LAW: “You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it." Lev 19:26 (and numerous others)

KOSHER: "...shechitah allows for rapid draining of most of the blood. The remaining blood must be removed, either by broiling or soaking and salting." I have read elsewhere that this soaking takes several days and many rinses.

See the difference? Man took God's SIMPLE law and twisted into something God never intended, and completely missed the point in the process. Many other such examples could be given. The Kosher (kashrut) system is a very complex, legalistic system that adds many restrictions and prohibitions that God did not, and in some cases, explains away and excuses violations of what God DID say.

(Kosher quotations above were taken from http://www.jewfaq.org/kashrut.htm )
Jews ate meat - which means they killed and ate. They were forbidden some foods - mostly on cleanliness issues and eating kosher I think meant there was a certain way to kill the animals - mostly to lessen their suffering.
This is such an inspiring story. May God continue to Bless you and your family.
1 2 Next View All