Wednesday Morning News Round Up:
Lead PJM Stories:
The key facts in this development:
- Trayvon Martin’s phone was password-protected. The password-protection starts automatically after being left unattended for a certain amount of time.
- The “stealth” app designed to further conceal Trayvon’s conversations about weapons, fighting, drugs, and pornography had an additional layer of password protection. He had to log into the phone first, and then to this app to access these conversations or delete them.
- There were thousands of messages, texts, photos, tweets, Facebook posts, and other bits of evidence hidden this way.
- People who participated in these conversations are all documented by screen name, real name, phone number, social media personas, etc. They are all easily identified and could be deposed – if the defense is given time to do so.
- The State hid this evidence until right before the beginning of the trial, when the prosecution’s Wesley White came forward to present testimony that the State was hiding and may have destroyed evidence. The defense has had no time to recover this data and to depose every witness — as they should be able to do as a basic matter of giving Zimmerman a constitutionally fair trial.
This led to the showdown between incredulous defense attorney Don West, who can’t believe what he’s hearing, and Judge Deborah Nelson, who puts the court in recess and exits — as the defense is still trying to talk to her.
Michael Walsh: Freedom for Me, Not for Thee
Revolutionary Islamism is an innately anti-American and racist doctrine. Usually this manifests as anti-Semitic or anti-Christian views (since in the case of Islam, religion now seems to have been reintepreted as race when convenient), yet sometimes it arises in different but not highly publicized examples — such as with the racism employed against Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in Palestinian and other Arabic newspaper cartons.
President Barack Obama has endlessly flattered the radical Turkish leader Recep Erdogan, ignoring his insults and his subversion of U.S. interests. Obama presents Erdogan as his ideal Middle East leader, a “moderate Islamist,” and Obama has turned over U.S. Syria policy to Turkish regime direction.
This is despite the fact that the increasingly repressive Erdogan has publicly blamed the opposition to him on … a Jewish plot. Perhaps with the U.S. government supporting the Muslim Brotherhood, anti-Semitism is no longer a detriment to Obama administration backing.
But what does Erdogan really think of Obama?
Despite Obama’s pro-Islamist policy, Erdogan now is blaming him for the fall of Egypt’s government.
I guess part of the reason why I’m starting to experiment with these posts is to encourage more people to start to see politics and culture in the macro — to start connecting the dots to understand how an ideology manifests itself in competing spheres. What does Barack Obama’s use of the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman shooting as a political tool have to do with his foreign policy’s embrace of the Muslim Brotherhood?
Wednesday’s PJ Lifestyle Stories:
Hannah Sternberg: Bad Advice: Stop Trying To Be Friends With People
David Solway: Reflections on History and America
Bryan Preston: Pro-Abortion Protesters Shout ‘F*** the Church!’ in Austin
Bridget Johnson: Lawmakers Jump on Obama, Hagel to Back Out of Mi-17 Contract with Assad’s Arms Supplier
A Few Relevant News Headlines From Around the Web Wednesday:
Yahoo Finance: Apple colluded on e-book prices, judge finds
Yeah. Right. Keep dreaming…
Politico: Immigration reform heads for slow death
Mediaite: Piers Morgan To Marc Lamont Hill: How Would Things Be Different If Trayvon Was A Young Black Girl?
And Some Headlines and Videos from the World of Entertainment, Arts, Technology and Culture:
Yid With Lid: Premium TV For Dogs?
Buzzfeed: 30 Signs You’re Almost 30
#15. You’ve definitely lost the enzyme that lets you digest Taco Bell.
Breitbart: Pacific Rim Continues Liberal Summer Movies
A few unexpected editorial meetings yesterday meant I didn’t have time to finish the day’s round up of stories. So that means a double helping today… Click the next page for today’s news links, book excerpts, and my mentally exhausted conclusion…