Every American Needs to Read Books to Understand Islam

After the jihad terror attack of 4/15/13, I've decided to expand and revise: here are The 10 Rules of the Radical Reading Regimen.

Dave Swindle

May 8, 2013 - 4:00 pm

Among the revisions I have decided to make to my Radical Reading Regimen in addition to adding the 3 titles notated above:

1. Always read multiple books at once, across a variety of disciplines, from nonfiction history and science to novels and strange satire. Do not get hung up on exclusively fiction or non-fiction. Also read poetry and scripts.

Read both great works supporting ideas you agree with and the propaganda manuals of your political and ideological opponents.

2. Group these various interests together into 7 categories and then assign each to a day of the week.

For me these are: Good vs Evil, Media & Technology, Art & Counterculture, 20th Century Conservative Political Philosophy, Biographies and Memoirs of Extraordinary Individuals, the Alchemical Marriage of Science and Spirituality, and the history of Judeo-Christian Civilization.

3. Make these into 7 literal piles of books, one for each day, and then use them to guide the day’s reading.

And it’s still fine to use e-readers too — I like having Witness and Atlas Shrugged side by side on my iPad — but do actually have physical reminders that you should be reading.

4. Find at least 2 excerpts every day that are worth sharing to get other people’s opinions; feature both of these as photographs on Instagram and then transform them into blog posts.

For me these will be the fodder for PJ Lifestyle Daily Question, but others could use excerpts for different purposes at their own blogs. If you find more than 2 great excerpts for the day then select the 2 that are most interesting for blog posts, scheduling at least one in advance.

5. Since you are aiming for at least 2 excerpts per day, focus on only 2 books per day.

I have to make sure that I actually finish the books I start. So I’m going to limit myself to assigning only 2 books from each pile for daily reading and excerpting.

6. Instead of using a calendar on the iPad for daily recording of progress as originally planned, notate progress once a week using an image in Adobe Photoshop. At the end of 13 weeks see how much progress you made and analyze the record of your progress.

This is the equivalent of only weighing myself weekly instead of daily. As a corollary I will do as Charlie Martin does — one blog post per week to notate my progress, in the more informal, bloggy diary style that he does and that I’m sort of doing my own variation of with these pieces. In the future I’ll aim for Tuesdays for these posts. Perhaps if I create drafts of the posts in advance of when they’re to be published I will be more likely to stick to the schedule of publishing them then…

Here is another suggestion, Mr. Swindle.

Reliance of the Traveller

Acquaint yourself with Shariah Law.
Dave,

How about reading the Koran? I suspect that would be helpful to understanding, too.

I've found this site to be useful for bible reading: https://www.youversion.com/sign-up?redirect=%2Fusers%2Flawebber%2Freading-plans%2F4-canonical And the have an app for it!
Just reading the Koran on its own doesn't make much sense. One has to read the Hadiths along with it and some analysis and commentary. And also given that we're reading English translations we're missing a whole lot too.
The problem about the reading advise is half of America is incapable of reading at a sixth grade level required just to read a news paper properly, Let alone a scholarly tomb on a cult re;igion.
Ill suggest related reading, Mohammad and Charlemagne Revisted

Muslims in America should be reading this thing called The Constitution. Their 18 yr. old Dearborn Islamic Festival has been canceled til next year.

The reason is because some crazy Christians preachers got exactly the response they hoped for from equally crazy Muslims. Naturally, that only drew more promises that Christians would come even more, especially after the city had to apologize and pay Christians for looking the other way and even arresting Christians for having the stupidity to have themselves stoned by a crowd of crazy Muslims.

All these Muslims had to do was learn tolerance. Had they ignored these Christians, there'd have been no problem; the Christians would've got bored and left. Instead, Muslims acted like Dearborn was Iraq, told Americans to go home, and stoned them. Besides that, Muslims had their own security molest and physically intimidate anyone who talked about Christianity in even the friendliest way.

Now Dearborn's Muslims are predictably crying because they don't rule the roost and because they have to put up with Christians. LOL. Tough break boys. Welcome to the USA. Next time don't allow 200 people to be taped throwing a hail of projectiles I've never seen before in my life and put on youtube.
burton you fail again. muslims don't read the constitution because they have no interest in the constitution. muslims are interested in sharia law.
The Closing of the Muslim Mind: How Intellectual Suicide Created the Modern Islamist Crisis
by Robert R. Reilly
Swindle, if you are going to tar T. McVeigh for the horrible thing it did, we should also mention what led up to what he did. There were two other things that happened that had some influence of Mr. McVeigh. One was Ruby Ridge and the other had a profound effect on him and it was WACO. These were two incidents when the Clinton government murdered Americans in cold blood, specificallly the FBI. Ruby Ridge was a set up sting for illegal gun modifications and the other was for people practicing Their Freedom of Religion...
I suggest reading the Koran first to get an idea of Mohammed's thinking and the sort of person he was. Then you will understand the true nature of Islam and the orders Mohammed gave to his followers. Jihad is the "forever war" between Islam and all who are not Muslims. Jihad has existed since the time of Mohammed and will continue to a time when either Islam rules the Earth or has been destroyed.
2/3rds of all the Muslims on the Planet cannot read.. The want to Kill all westerners.. No need to read but skills wit ha GUN will be needed to stop these Animals ! ask Israel they deal with these scum Everyday !
It would be nice to be able to read they "playbook" the ko-ran, but in today's america if you pick that book up you will end up on an FBI/DHS/NSA watchlist... for starters! Every book you read at a library is recorded, the same if you check it out. Do it on the internet? Please, everyone knows EVERYTHING you do on the interwebs is recorded somewhere. About the only place I can think of that is not monitored very heavily is a flea-market, and even those are now crawling with under-cover cops of all levels at one time or another. We have become worse than nazi germany of 1939 because instead of burning books the PTB have strings attached to all information in all forms for the most part dormant, until needed.
1 2 Next View All