Straight-Arrow Tamerlan Tsarnaev, a Mama’s Boy

Were the Boston jihadists just carrying on the family business?

Robert Spencer

April 29, 2013 - 2:00 pm
<- Prev  Page 3 of 3   View as Single Page

And so it seems that she raised her boys well, and they didn’t rebel — or, after a period of rebellion, they returned to their roots and duly followed in their mother’s footsteps. While the mainstream media continues to posit ever more ridiculous theories as to how the Tsarnaev brothers became “radicalized” (the New York Times suggested Sunday that it was because a rule change had disqualified him from the Golden Gloves boxing tournament), the truth may lie closer to hand: the Tsarnaevs’ jihad was a family affair.

<- Prev  Page 3 of 3   View as Single Page
Robert Spencer is the director of Jihad Watch and author of the New York Times bestsellers The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) and The Truth About Muhammad. His next book, Arab Winter Comes to America: The Truth About the War We’re In, will be published April 14 by Regnery Publishing.

Thank you, Robert, for mentioning that Hitler loved dogs. You are the first writer that *I* have seen to make this obvious point. I myself have mentioned this to friends in the past--the fact that someone has an occasional nice behavior doesn't mean anything. Hitler was nice to children, too. So what?
GO SEARCH FOR THE REAL BOMBERS , YOU IDIOTS , JUST LIKE O. J. SIMPSON SEARCHED FOR THE REAL MURDERERS !!
I am truly surprised to find that the Tsarnaev parents, especially the mother, have the nerve to say what they are saying in Russia. Given Russian sentiments against Chechens, it seems to me foolhardy at best that they dared to speak openly of jihad and terrorism in an approving way. I don't think Putin will let that stand very long. In fact, I'm surprised he has tolerated as much of this as he has.

I think the Tsarnaevs should think very seriously about moving somewhere safer. Even America, with possible charges in the air, might be less dangerous for them.
There's a major formatting error in this article. The left half of the final paragraphs are completely covered by the final videos, making it impossible to read them. This is true in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome so it's not a browser issue.

Here are the obscured paragraphs with the HTML tags stripped out so that visitors can read the obscured information pending repairs to the layout.

====

Yet Tamerlan doesn’t seem to have grown more religious amid a family of secularists. Zubeidat Tsarnaeva has worn a hijab in all of her public appearances, and gives every indication of being a devout Muslim. Referring to Dzhokhar, she thundered to CNN: “If they are going to kill him. I don’t care. My oldest son is killed, so I don’t care. I don’t care if my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don’t care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu Akbar!”

And so it seems that she raised her boys well, and they didn’t rebel or, after a period of rebellion, they returned to their roots and duly followed in their mother’s footsteps. While the mainstream media continues to posit ever more ridiculous theories as to how the Tsarnaev brothers became “radicalized” (the New York Times suggested Sunday that it was because a rule change had disqualified him from the Golden Gloves boxing tournament), the truth may lie closer to hand: the Tsarnaevs jihad was a family affair.
Sorry, I just realized that the problem I mentioned ONLY occurs if you view the story in Single Page mode. That's how I always look at PJM stories so I didn't realize that the article looks fine in when viewed as multiple pages.
Corrected now.
Thanks, Dave Swindle.

I came to these dam**d machines late in age and have considered my own hapless experiences as anti-senility exercises...I hope it works in that direction; but until that time I must say a big fat blanket "thanks" to all of you in this < IT > ....what! an! acronym!....business.

Do you all go home and kick cats and dogs when you're on your own time? With all of these onion skin complexities, it's a wonder that these machines work at all.

Lastly, I understand that this is the anniversary of Tim Berners-Lee' s grand ......pause here for effect....."connection".

Ok ....Ok......I'm leaving now.