Susan L.M. Goldberg

April 10, 2013 - 7:00 am
YouTube Preview Image

#2 Women Are Sex Machines

And here’s where feminists become those raging, emotional lunatics men love to laugh at (because, honestly, they don’t know how else to respond except to, of course, maintain eye contact and slowly back away). Clothes used to make the woman. Then, breasts became objects of repression, so we decided to …flash them all over the place.

Lest I walk into the territory of the Toronto Police, I’ll simply tell the analogous story of a gay man I know who feels reclaiming the word “fag” somehow empowers the gay rights movement. The idea being that by taking on the negative terminology, you’re claiming power over its use, much akin to the N-word controversially being popularized among African Americans. Picking up on this trend, women of all sexualities have elected to embrace the term “slut,” insinuating that no matter what a woman does or doesn’t wear, she doesn’t deserve to be sexually assaulted.

Of course, they could have easily stated, “Nothing justifies sexual assault,” but that’s not as catchy as “Slut” now, is it? And, quite frankly, the term isn’t that far off the mark. When pop culture rewards women who star in sex tapes, like “fierce female entrepreneur” Kim Kardashian, with their own prime-time television shows, not only is there nothing wrong with being a Slut. In fact, it has actually become a viable, financially rewarding career option. (I guess poor Fantine dreamed a dream a few centuries too soon.)

Stop insulting hillbillies!
I never quite understood how you "empowered" yourself by becoming exactly what the so-called patriarchal power structure wanted you to be - an easy, discardable sex object they had no continuing obligation to once they had used you for their own pleasure. Maybe I'm just too repressed by my happy married life with to understand.
I'm glad that I don't really know who any of these people are.

My mom always had freshly baked cookies, fresh squeezed lemonade, dinner ready for Dad when he came home from work, time to help us with homework or take us to the park. She put those 50's sitcom moms to shame. And she enjoyed doing it. And my grandmother was twice my mom. If you happened to walk through her yard, my grandmother would make you wait on the porch while she cooked you something. There were always a postman or meter-reader or policeman or somebody at her table. If someone robbed her house, she would have gotten up to cook the robbers a meal. She was always genuinely happy and genuinely interested in you. She was just a housewife, but 1500 people showed up for her funeral.
"For those inclined towards intelligent design, Eve was the first to blame her husband for her own sin."

Ah, no. Eve blamed the serpent. ("The serpent deceived me and I ate it." Genesis 3:13)

Adam managed to blame both Eve and God. "The man said, "The woman you put here with me - she gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it." (Genesis 3:12)
Kim Kardashian is the poster girl for the Feminist movement.

Pretty much says it all, doesnt it?
Personally, I do ot see the appeal of any of these shows. It is a testament to the low state of our culture that they succeed.
How does a fat, stupid floozy become a role model? I don't get it.
Huh?
Sorry. I enjoy reading about culture here and there. The 'there' of this article completely escapes me.
I forgot to ask: Does she remind anyone else of Zoolander?
In what way is Kim Kardashian empowered? She may not have a pimp but she is still just prostituting herself for fame. Anyone that watches the show is in danger of being arrested for solicitation. Change the channel and let the tramp disappear.
Women are to blame if you're looking for someone to blame. Women like Marcia Clark and the O.J.Simpson jury, the wife of the marathon bomber, the 60+ % that voterd for Obama, Sandra Fluke, Nancy Pelosi. The fact that is too impolitic to mention and too unflattering to acknowledge (and every trial attorney knows) is that women, as a demographic, are irrational.
1 2 Next View All