Susan L.M. Goldberg

April 10, 2013 - 7:00 am
YouTube Preview Image

#3 Women Are Dominatrixes

Nothing says Woman Power more than the ability to control the phallus. Don’t believe me? Ask Margaret Sanger. Equality of the Sexes is easily understood in the context of equal pay for equal work, but when it comes to sexuality itself, the lines start getting really confusing, really fast. For early feminists like Sanger, true freedom translated into power over the penis. From a eugenicist’s standpoint (which she most definitely was), if the result of male domination is an unwanted, unexpected, or unplanned child, a woman’s prerogative is simple: Get power over the penis.

Silly, Margaret: Any woman in a good relationship knows she has power over the penis. We’re just not vulgar enough to talk about it so blatantly. Usually it comes out in more direct, unspoken ways, like when we need something fixed or want to reward someone for buying us diamonds. Or, in the case of Kris Jenner, when we decide to completely emasculate the one guy who sticks with us despite being made the object of ridicule on national cable television by taking over the one room in the mansion where he can put his stuff.

One can’t help but find striking similarities between Bruce Jenner’s toy collection and the adolescent male behaviors on Family Guy. What was that I just said about emasculation?

YouTube Preview Image

Stop insulting hillbillies!
I never quite understood how you "empowered" yourself by becoming exactly what the so-called patriarchal power structure wanted you to be - an easy, discardable sex object they had no continuing obligation to once they had used you for their own pleasure. Maybe I'm just too repressed by my happy married life with to understand.
I'm glad that I don't really know who any of these people are.

My mom always had freshly baked cookies, fresh squeezed lemonade, dinner ready for Dad when he came home from work, time to help us with homework or take us to the park. She put those 50's sitcom moms to shame. And she enjoyed doing it. And my grandmother was twice my mom. If you happened to walk through her yard, my grandmother would make you wait on the porch while she cooked you something. There were always a postman or meter-reader or policeman or somebody at her table. If someone robbed her house, she would have gotten up to cook the robbers a meal. She was always genuinely happy and genuinely interested in you. She was just a housewife, but 1500 people showed up for her funeral.
"For those inclined towards intelligent design, Eve was the first to blame her husband for her own sin."

Ah, no. Eve blamed the serpent. ("The serpent deceived me and I ate it." Genesis 3:13)

Adam managed to blame both Eve and God. "The man said, "The woman you put here with me - she gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it." (Genesis 3:12)
Kim Kardashian is the poster girl for the Feminist movement.

Pretty much says it all, doesnt it?
Personally, I do ot see the appeal of any of these shows. It is a testament to the low state of our culture that they succeed.
How does a fat, stupid floozy become a role model? I don't get it.
Huh?
Sorry. I enjoy reading about culture here and there. The 'there' of this article completely escapes me.
I forgot to ask: Does she remind anyone else of Zoolander?
In what way is Kim Kardashian empowered? She may not have a pimp but she is still just prostituting herself for fame. Anyone that watches the show is in danger of being arrested for solicitation. Change the channel and let the tramp disappear.
Women are to blame if you're looking for someone to blame. Women like Marcia Clark and the O.J.Simpson jury, the wife of the marathon bomber, the 60+ % that voterd for Obama, Sandra Fluke, Nancy Pelosi. The fact that is too impolitic to mention and too unflattering to acknowledge (and every trial attorney knows) is that women, as a demographic, are irrational.
1 2 Next View All