Susan L.M. Goldberg

March 13, 2013 - 2:00 pm

Coulterism #4: DO YOUR RESEARCH

From her CSPAN Interview on SLANDER, July 2002.

Like any good lawyer, Ann Coulter reeks of confidence hard-earned by many long hours of copious research. Instead of taking someone’s word for it, Coulter trudges out primary-source material from the depths of LexisNexis archives at the click of a button. Ironically, it seems that liberal professors aren’t as good at teaching research techniques as they are at spoon-feeding their political agenda through their syllabi. As recent research indicates, going to college not only makes you liberal — it makes you dumb.

YouTube Preview Image

Have you met Whittaker Chambers? Through Slander Ann introduced me to the communist-turned-government-informant — the dirty little secret disproving liberals’ long-held belief that the Red Scare was Eisenhower’s trumped-up tactic for winning a second term. The reality of the communist infiltration of the American government is only one of the many truths liberals have re-written (or totally ignored) in academia and the mainstream media. In fact, thanks to an exponential growth in left-leaning staff in both academia and the MSM over the last half of the 20th century, the ideology that justified this willful ignorance has promulgated a bias toward lying (commonly referred to as “political correctness”) in nearly every sphere of daily life. It shouldn’t come as any surprise, then, that college students today have lifted phrases like “Well, you know…” or “I don’t know, you know?” to a conversational art form. Blend a constant stream of lies with a postmodern ”anything goes and nothing matters” philosophy and you have a stoner’s dream… or a logical thinker’s nightmare.

While I gravitate toward the Dr. Ben Carson style as the one I prefer, let me give AC her props.

In a Republican wasteland where the "big names" play nothing but prevent defense...she is one of the very rare offensive weapons.

She is willing to scrap and doesn't back down to bullying, slander, lies and treason. She wears the uniform and is willing to get some grass stains on it. I love her for it.

Again, a little of the "harsh" goes a long way...and I prefer the Ben Carson style as a steady diet...but Ann fills a craving to hit back twice as hard once in a while. For the punching bag GOP, that's not just a relief...it's a necessity.
Yes, though part of that evil vibe is caused by her insistence to provide facts and figures, and all the mathematical basis those entail, and far to many liberals are unable to respond with anything other than emotions. Yes, it can be mean to remind people that math happens.
Hey Susan,
If you are reading these comments, I have something I would like to send you, but it's an image from Facebook - from the page of the aforementioned Film Studies Professor. One of his students found your article and posted it on his page and he made some comments about it. I'd like to send it to you, but not sure where to send it (it's a photo, so I have to attach it) I think you will want to see it!
well bless your heart susan!

(southern euphemism for those who are so breathtakingly cluelss they don't realize how ridiculous they appear)

and looking down the comments here wanna give a shout out to most contributors, bless your hearts!
Coulter fans are smart so there's no need to explain your cheesy insult.

AC's "Godless" did it for me.

"Truth is the ultimate weapon and there is no defeating it."

I was just reading the same thought in Aristotle's Rhetoric.

As to Ms. Coulter, America needs more like her.
Ann Coulter got me through high school and college. Strongly worded conservative thought, with a research chaser.
Ahem....

"Romney is the most electable candidate not only because it will be nearly impossible for the media to demonize this self-made Mormon square, devoted to his wife and church, but precisely because he is the most conservative candidate."

Not yet ready to forgive - and I never forget.
In fairness to Ann, the field really was not that great. My guy was Perry but he really should have waited until he was off meds. I ended up voting for Newt but in objective hindsight he would have lost worse. Santorum? Bachman? Cain? LOL.

I agree. Romney was the best choice. Priebus is right, we need a shorter, earlier primary season. If we had had that, he could've won.
I really liked Perry as well from a policy standpoint. It just sucked that he doesn't come off too well on camera.

I also liked Newt, but it seems Coulter can never get past the fact the guy has had more than one wife so despite his past history of success in Congress he appears to not measure up to her purity standards. I honestly think Newt would have had the political temperament and experience to actually go after Obama instead of playing by country club rules as Romney did.

Had the candidate been willing to fight - and espouse an agenda of personal freedom from government interference while being able to ignore the consultants - Obama was quite defeatable.
Which candidate was more electable than Romney? Romney would have won if the campaign had been run more competently.
"Which candidate was more electable"?

Any of the other candidates that did NOT have Romneycare hanging around their neck like an albatross. This took the issue of Obamacare completely off of the table during the debates even though it was - and still is -overwhelmingly unpopular in this country.

Get past all of that, and THEN you can start debating about how well the actual mechanics of the campaign were carried out....which were pretty abysmal all by themselves.

Sadly, that very lackluster campaigning was symptomatic of the incredibly flawed candidate the GOP leadership insisted we all get behind during an election that should have been a walk away victory for ANYONE running against Obama!

A candidate that Coulter assured us was the only "electable" one.
"Any of the other candidates that did NOT have Romneycare hanging around their neck like an albatross."
So you believe that Rick Santorum was more likely to win the general election than Mitt Romney. Got it.

"Also, having a candidate who had had not raised taxes and or signed gun control policies would have helped tremendously."
How would those policies have made Romney more electable?
Goo look at the 1994 election.
I went to a fine arts college. It turned out the stunning iconoclasts there were the greatest group of redneck conformist jar heads I'd ever met. My last day of college, after four years, I went there high on mushrooms, walked around the building and talked to people I ran into and said my good-byes. Most of them didn't like that or thought I was nuts. I did and wasn't.
I love Ann, and the Grateful Dead. She fights! Great article.
Dittos from another Ann fan