Susan L.M. Goldberg

March 13, 2013 - 2:00 pm
YouTube Preview Image

Coulterism #5:  LAUGH AT YOUR ENEMIES

My love affair with Ann Coulter was sparked by her quick-witted sense of humor. Oddly enough, her sarcastic jabs often get her into more trouble than her actual argumentation. This is most likely due to the reality that well-researched and documented facts are fairly difficult to dismiss. Coulter’s deft one-liners delivered in rapid response are her true claim to fame and the main reason liberals love to hate her. This is ironically funny considering that many liberals feel free to sling around non-PC stereotypes and trash-talk for laughs, political points, and, most importantly, ratings.

Ann’s counterculture spirit drew me into her work. Despite what pseudo-yippies stereotype as “counterculture,” Ann’s love of the Grateful Dead, her quiet yet powerful faith that transcends the typical church-state cultural divide (“I don’t really care what people say about me, I’m a Christian so there’s nothing anyone can ever do to me…”), and her role as the honorary chair of the GOProud advisory council make Coulter more of a stereotype-breaker than Gen X & Y’s typical hippie-wannabes. Unlike most “rule-breaking,” self-loathing comedians whose mockery is a thinly veiled plea for acceptance, Coulter’s comedy stems from her embrace of the fact that the “reality” liberals claim to be the truth is a big, fat lie. There is no better way to respond to a liar who swears they’re telling the truth than by simply laughing in their face.

While I gravitate toward the Dr. Ben Carson style as the one I prefer, let me give AC her props.

In a Republican wasteland where the "big names" play nothing but prevent defense...she is one of the very rare offensive weapons.

She is willing to scrap and doesn't back down to bullying, slander, lies and treason. She wears the uniform and is willing to get some grass stains on it. I love her for it.

Again, a little of the "harsh" goes a long way...and I prefer the Ben Carson style as a steady diet...but Ann fills a craving to hit back twice as hard once in a while. For the punching bag GOP, that's not just a relief...it's a necessity.
Yes, though part of that evil vibe is caused by her insistence to provide facts and figures, and all the mathematical basis those entail, and far to many liberals are unable to respond with anything other than emotions. Yes, it can be mean to remind people that math happens.
Hey Susan,
If you are reading these comments, I have something I would like to send you, but it's an image from Facebook - from the page of the aforementioned Film Studies Professor. One of his students found your article and posted it on his page and he made some comments about it. I'd like to send it to you, but not sure where to send it (it's a photo, so I have to attach it) I think you will want to see it!
well bless your heart susan!

(southern euphemism for those who are so breathtakingly cluelss they don't realize how ridiculous they appear)

and looking down the comments here wanna give a shout out to most contributors, bless your hearts!
Coulter fans are smart so there's no need to explain your cheesy insult.

AC's "Godless" did it for me.

"Truth is the ultimate weapon and there is no defeating it."

I was just reading the same thought in Aristotle's Rhetoric.

As to Ms. Coulter, America needs more like her.
I love Anne Coulter because she is intelligent and knows what wit is. Her satire often gets her in trouble because satire presupposes an erudite audience. In the America of the New USA there is so little erudition that her enemies are totally dumbstruck by what she says because they have very little exposure to literature, philosophy, theology or language skills. It is Anne the intelligent woman against the moronic girly men who rule the New American State.
I run hot and cold on Ann Coulter.

When making a point on tv, she can go off into the weeds with extraneous information and, if you're not listening closely, you are worn out when she gets to the point.

I accord with the little I read of her CPAC remarks that Rubio and the "endless Bushes" (some dynasties need to fade away) are giving away the ranch on immigration and that she is now off her formerly fervid endorsement of Chris Christie.
Sorry. In my opinion, Ann Coulter is part of the big problem the Republican party and conservatives in general have with the rest of the population. That woman gets quoted, a lot, as proof that Republicans are eeeevil.
So, does 'the truthful, always inquiring media' do much of your thinking for you ?
If she speaks up and hits her marks, those that always disdained her will go on detesting her no matter what ['cause it's what they do and is a vitamin to them]
and open inquiring minds just might be persuaded to look up her topics and find some real,documented truths.
If she's misquoted, or taken out of context, then it's not her fault if she's eeevil, [easily done, as Boobus Americanii has the attention span of a gnat, due to their superlative public educations], so what would you have her do?
Not speak up?
See Dr. Ben Carson'srecent, numerous comments about the tyranny of PC and please pay some small attention to the recently departed Pope Benedict, The Second and what he had to say about the 'Dictatorship of Relativism'.
Being a practicing Catholic, do you think Ann hasn't read this and is emboldened and affirmed by it ?
"The Truth isn't mean,... it's just the Truth..."
I love Ann for two reasons, she doesn't wilt like a dying flower when a proto-fascist "liberal" starts throwing around the insulting garbage and unconcealed power lusts replete with hate, and she's right and eloquent on the issues.
What else is there?
of what use is she? She is past childbearing age. That is true conservative speech that should not be ignored. On the other hand the bread turning into flesh and the wine into blood of the savior saves her from this great infamy of supporting LOSER Mitt Romney I believe.
With this new Holy Pope of Rome a major transformation can take place with Rick Santourm and instead of looking like a girlie man he can find "TRUTH" what Ann Coulter mouths and learn to have authority when he speaks the exact opposite of salesman Mitt Romney and people listen and believe there is such a thing as truthso he begin to resemble Marcus Lininicus Crassus as the great amounts of money pours in but he does not have to have molten gold poured done his throat as ws done to Mitt Romney from hurricane Sandy but he unites the trinity of Spartacus , crixus and Oenomaus to be on his side and there is great hope for his success based on truth not a pack of lies and deceit
I pray that the holy spirit begins this transformation of sweet Rick starting today from girlie man to Roman Catholic Marcus Lininicus Crassus in spirit and truth authority
Be gone troll.
Here I have made the face of Ann Coulter one of the human faces in the red head beast saint sanctuary and she did not have to make her hair red and I visit her face and her guardian angel 3 or 4 times a week to bring her blessings
What have you done for her? She also is called a troll so i in good company and I hope her wounds are healed from her support for Nephlim worshiper loser Mitt Romney
However, she remind me of how not one of my three daughters have give me a grandchild yet forcing me to take 3 young children down the street to bless as my grandchildren and risk sin desire with their strikingly dripping with great beauty Mama who gets more beautiful each time I see her and yet I have the angels nip this desire in the bud so far so I remain on my Mission for The True God
What have you done for the True God lately?
footnote
then during his great REIGN (presidency) he can find the first Triumuirate to consolidate his great power in our superpower nation
1 2 Next View All