The Legacy Andrew Breitbart Left for The Next Generation

A year ago we lost an inspirational leader and creative spirit.

Dave Swindle

March 1, 2013 - 11:00 am
YouTube Preview Image

3. Be a Counterculture Conservative.

At the Atlantic Wire, from a story titled “Andrew Breitbart’s Unfinished Quest for a Punk Rock Republican,”

His project was to take that cultural space back for free market conservatives. To make his brand of economic freedom cool. His cultural war may have aligned him with Republicans like Rick Santorum — who joined mainstream Republicans like Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich and Donald Rumsfeld in mouring his death — but it was decidedly not the same battle. ”Nothing drives me crazier than seeing an abortion van driving along at a conservative convention showing aborted fetuses,” he told GQ’s Lisa DePaulo. “I think that’s the wrong aesthetic.” Breitbart wore his shirts open-collared and his hair floppy, and he made jokes with swears. “I like to call someone a raving cunt every now and then, when it’s appropriate, for effect,” he told The New Yorker. “’You cocksucker.’ I love that kind of language.”

Breitbart lived as the most vocal proponent for a long-neglected conservative mission: taking Cool back from the Marxists. It’s cool to create your own multimedia new empire from nothing, expose corrupt politicians, and taunt empty-headed protesters. Coolest of all, though: father of four.

Though I never merited to meet him in person, I still miss him so very, very much...
We are all Breitbart's Army!
Thank you for this. I am still so devastated by his loss a year later. Hopefully those on the right will heed his call and wise up. I am teaching my children his lessons.

Stunning development in Chicagogate: Publisher of Blagojevich book “Golden” confesses

Best post I've seen on this sad anniversary. This is a keeper. I especially like your last point; number 1. Be an entrepreneur. And I look forward to re-watching Andrew slap down Weiner, and the old media at the same time. Not to mention the others, some of which I may have not seen. One last thing. Your handwriting. Very impressive. Not only is it legible, it's legible in cursive!

We are Breitbart.
We are all Breitbart's Army!
Time to shift the war again, to one of principle vs. identity politics. Liberals have managed to even taint the phrase "American values." In a battle of semantics where words have instant associations, it's time to separate liberals from their precious buzz words and speak to fundamentals older than America itself.