PJ Media Interviews the Amazing Kreskin About America’s Future

What tools does a real life mentalist use to understand human behavior?

J. Christian Adams

February 26, 2013 - 1:20 pm

The most powerful “hypnotist” ever was Adolph Hitler. Hitler’s verbal pacing was almost an endless style of Hannussen. It wasn’t the rant that mesmerized the mob. Instead, he had gestures. It was his cadence. He had charisma. He captured the mob and did immeasurable evil. You cannot imitate it. There was something extra in Hitler that cannot be imitated.

Notice how other people have helped create or destroy governments. They are able to enchant, and in the end, the dictators tap into the imagination on a subconscious level of the subject. It has to do with a harmony that somehow transfers itself to the individual in the audience with terrible results.

PJ Media: How important is the crowd, do crowds act in immoral ways they wouldn’t individually?

Kreskin: Remember, people are far more suggestible in groups. Do an experiment. Watch a comedy by yourself. Then watch it with other people. People laugh more in groups. As the group becomes larger, it becomes easier to do things irresponsibly. You are in a setting where there are fewer moral restraints when you are in groups.

PJ Media: Do you think Americans have any cultural traits that protect against this tendency toward immoral action in large groups or mobs, something uniquely American?

Kreskin: For the first time in my life, have a great concern about the future of this country. My fear is that some of the founding traits, some of the reasons that this country came together, are being threatened. I love history. And if you read the writings of the founders, something has gone wrong in our culture that is making us vulnerable to this phenomena.

For example, so many have a sense of entitlement now that something is due you. My dad didn’t earn lots of money. He worked hard for himself. We didn’t expect the government to take care of us. But I see in colleges today they expect their college to be paid for. One of the messages I tell at universities is that we learn far more from failure than we do successes. Failure should be good and we should not try to eliminate the possibility. Anytime someone interviewing me for a job asks, “what are the hours,” they don’t’ get the job.

People who expect entitlements are more open to manipulation. Those who expect guidance and help are more susceptible to suggestion. God forbid they might start to think in terms of leader, whoever that person might be. I’m afraid these days it wouldn’t be hard to create a riot. I’m not a doomsday person, but my great fear is that something could happen in a major city. My fear is the city could go out of control. It is because they have not had the discipline of – one word – neighborhood. There was a time when your kid would walk around and even be disciplined by neighbors. That’s gone, there is no correcting bad behavior.

Sorry, that interview was a bit light on information.
"God forbid they might start to think in terms of leader, whoever that person might be."

I cringe every time someone refers to our elected representatives as "political leaders".
That was leader, singular. Our national 'leader' is the president.
"There was something extra in Hitler"
I know that's true about people.Some inner unique gift,guess that's why I'm anti school.Our education should be a tool to help pry that box open.I witness every day failed educations at work,in charge of things no less.Brings to mind that comment used to put down Bush"he's a mile wide and an inch deep". Why not squeeze the fiction out of the process and simply buy the degree!
Federalist party?
Liberty party?
Let's find a name for this new party.
Let's all be honest here. People who are expecting entitlements are really people with their hands out (whether they know it or not) expecting to be bribed or otherwise bought off. That's why they're more open to manipulation.
"As promised, Kreskin gave me four predictions for the nation:"

And I predict at least 3 of his 4 won't come true unless the time frame is totally open ended. The guy is a flake.
A machine to clue into people's thoughts? I work in retail. It isn't very hard to get people to let you know what they are really thinking.
I had intended to post this as an independent thread. But seeing your comment, i couldn't agree more! If everyone spent 6 months workign in commissioned sales - First, most people wouldn't be very good at it! But - those who were would find out just how easily people will open up. My one war story about working at Radio Shack as a young(er) man was, a person came in and I asked how I could help him. He gave the standard response, "Just looking!" I picked up an answering machine from a display and said, "While you're looking, look at this!" I ended up selling him a $3,000 computer!
Hitler was a salesman. I disagree with Kreskin on his "something extra about Hitler that can't be duplicated." Hitler was a snake oil salesman who surrounded himself with sycophants and built an empire. Using? Radio. (Read, advertising.) Pol Pot, Saddam, myriad Ahotallahs - it's all sales.
Now, for Kreskin's silly "predictions;" 1) Key word? "Viable." So-called 3rd parties are like United Way. They cover all the other factions into one umbrella and almost immdeiately start wandering off on their own missions. 2)"Gambling...out of control?! DUH! 3) "Machine that will read people's minds..?" It's called cable (Or satellite) TV! Advertise on the right program and you have the "startup" of a hitleresque movement! 4)"Legalize drugs for the tax money?" Evidently Kreskin doesn't do any shows in San Fran or Colorado!
If these are the best predictions he can come up with, he has GOT to be popular with the Low-Information Voter crowd! The rest of us are years ahead of him. "Hey, Kres. Retire, Dude!"
"People who expect entitlements are more open to manipulation." Sadly this is the norm these days.