PJ Media Interviews the Amazing Kreskin About America’s Future

What tools does a real life mentalist use to understand human behavior?

J. Christian Adams

February 26, 2013 - 1:20 pm

PJ Media: What tools does a real life mentalist use to understand human behavior?

Kreskin: I’ve never been asked that question in my life! The most powerful figure that ever existed in western broadcasting was Arthur Godfrey. He was Mr. CBS. He was incredibly popular and his voice was the most recorded and recognized voice in the world. Around Godfrey’s time, psychologists began to talk about empathy – and people began to talk about how empathy was the most important way to relate to people.

And now we are starting to become a dysfunctional society. We are losing the ability to personally communicate with individuals. Something is going wrong because now, we are involved in instant responses.

As far as one of the keys of my career, I learned you don’t judge someone until you walk in their shoes. I talk about this in my appearances at colleges. Try to take the same pace as someone does even when you are walking with them. You try to tune into someone.

PJ Media: What can you predict about this next generation now in college?

Kreskin: Consider one of the major challenges that a young person has coming up in the business world today. Last year there was a protest march on Wall Street [Occupy Wall Street]. Many students feel disconnected. There is a challenge now that never existed in the history of mankind. But when the protests happened, I see all the photographs of people there, many college students.

When you have a pile of good students coming out of school, employers go to the internet. For the first time, your public past is being used to judge you. So college students need to realize communications have taken an entirely different turn. Living your life online will have consequences. What you put on the internet will affect your future.

PJ Media: How do dictators mesmerize crowds?

Kreskin: You said something very significant, and I talk about this in my book. There is a movie you should see called Hannussen. It shows how hypnotic phenomena can be used to help obtain power. Now understand that one of the premises of my career is that hypnosis does not exist. There is no hypnotic state. However, there is the undeniable power of suggestion.

Sorry, that interview was a bit light on information.
"God forbid they might start to think in terms of leader, whoever that person might be."

I cringe every time someone refers to our elected representatives as "political leaders".
That was leader, singular. Our national 'leader' is the president.
"There was something extra in Hitler"
I know that's true about people.Some inner unique gift,guess that's why I'm anti school.Our education should be a tool to help pry that box open.I witness every day failed educations at work,in charge of things no less.Brings to mind that comment used to put down Bush"he's a mile wide and an inch deep". Why not squeeze the fiction out of the process and simply buy the degree!
Federalist party?
Liberty party?
Let's find a name for this new party.
Let's all be honest here. People who are expecting entitlements are really people with their hands out (whether they know it or not) expecting to be bribed or otherwise bought off. That's why they're more open to manipulation.
"As promised, Kreskin gave me four predictions for the nation:"

And I predict at least 3 of his 4 won't come true unless the time frame is totally open ended. The guy is a flake.
A machine to clue into people's thoughts? I work in retail. It isn't very hard to get people to let you know what they are really thinking.
I had intended to post this as an independent thread. But seeing your comment, i couldn't agree more! If everyone spent 6 months workign in commissioned sales - First, most people wouldn't be very good at it! But - those who were would find out just how easily people will open up. My one war story about working at Radio Shack as a young(er) man was, a person came in and I asked how I could help him. He gave the standard response, "Just looking!" I picked up an answering machine from a display and said, "While you're looking, look at this!" I ended up selling him a $3,000 computer!
Hitler was a salesman. I disagree with Kreskin on his "something extra about Hitler that can't be duplicated." Hitler was a snake oil salesman who surrounded himself with sycophants and built an empire. Using? Radio. (Read, advertising.) Pol Pot, Saddam, myriad Ahotallahs - it's all sales.
Now, for Kreskin's silly "predictions;" 1) Key word? "Viable." So-called 3rd parties are like United Way. They cover all the other factions into one umbrella and almost immdeiately start wandering off on their own missions. 2)"Gambling...out of control?! DUH! 3) "Machine that will read people's minds..?" It's called cable (Or satellite) TV! Advertise on the right program and you have the "startup" of a hitleresque movement! 4)"Legalize drugs for the tax money?" Evidently Kreskin doesn't do any shows in San Fran or Colorado!
If these are the best predictions he can come up with, he has GOT to be popular with the Low-Information Voter crowd! The rest of us are years ahead of him. "Hey, Kres. Retire, Dude!"
"People who expect entitlements are more open to manipulation." Sadly this is the norm these days.