10 Secrets to Shopping the Victoria’s Secret Semi-Annual Sale
May 29, 2012 - 7:03 am
6. Suss out over a couple of sales cycles which of your local stores has the best selection in your size during the SAS. This will make it easier to target the right store locations promptly when the in-store sale begins, hopefully on a weekday when it won’t be such a madhouse.
7. Always look at the color codes instead of the color names to see if two items from different lines will match. Something could be called “passion pink” in one line and “pink sugar” in another, yet the matching color codes would still reveal them to be the same shade.
8. Online, look through all the categories as some items are sometimes oddly divided within the categories. In store, look through bins and drawers neighboring your size as people often put things back in the wrong place.
9. If you have a Victoria’s Secret Angel card, you get access to the online sale a couple days early and access to the in-store sale at 7 a.m. You’ll also get reward certificates for what you spend, so you can always put SAS purchases on the card and pay off right away. I mean, right away: they accept card payments at the cash register.
10. Gentlemen, this sale is a great opportunity to pick up something special for your lady. One caution, though: The PINK line is geared toward teens and college students. When a friend hinted to her husband that the SAS was on, he brought her a bag full of PINK, including lime green cheekies that said “I’m Yours” or something like that across the butt. The grown-up stuff is sexier and doesn’t include cheeky sayings on the cheeks geared toward eyebrow-raising age groups.