Rule of Law

Hey GOP, Meet Four Dreamers Who Want Your Amnesty

May 7th, 2014 - 10:36 am

Meet FirstGen Fellow Juan Rangel, who fought to make sure illegal aliens could attend Notre Dame:

juan

Juan Rangel studies at the University of Notre Dame and is majoring in political science and Latino studies. He has been involved with student government throughout all three years at Notre Dame, and this year he served as the student body chief of staff, which included chairing the Immigration Task Force. Rangel also founded and serves as the president of the Student Coalition for Immigration Advocacy, which works to educate students about immigration issues and advocate at the local, state, and national levels. He interned last summer with the Office for Immigrant Affairs and Immigration Education at the Archdiocese of Chicago. He is originally from Mexico but calls Central California home. Rangel will be placed with the Washington, D.C., office of the National Immigration Law Center.

Finally, meet FirstGen Fellow Karla Davis.

karla

Karla Davis attends MidAmerica Nazarene University in the Kansas City metro area. While studying corporate communications, marketing, and graphic design, she discovered a passion for social justice issues. As a nontraditional and minority student, Davis recognizes the need to advocate for marginalized groups and hopes to dedicate both her personal and professional life to such causes. Davis is actively involved in her community and has served in a variety of capacities — as a youth member of the National League of Cities, an intern at the Olathe Latino Coalition, as well as the president of her university’s Student Diversity Council, whose purpose is to empower students to stand up against the injustices of today. Davis will be placed with the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. thanks to the generous donation in memory of Claire Robinson.

Stand up to the injustices of today?  That’s novel.  Most diversity councils I know hector college administrators to treat people different on the basis of skin color.  Perhaps Davis’ council is different.

Regardless, these four FirstGEN Fellows should give Republican immigration advocates some exposure to the cultural headwinds they will face post-amnesty.  As I wrote at PJ Media, “Conservatives must first confront and destroy the credibility of the racial interest groups that serve as the gatekeepers to these communities.”  So far, I haven’t seen any effort to destroy the credibility of these cultural gatekeepers. I’ve only see one side extend a hand to them.

Update: Nirvana Felix writes PJ Media to say she is not an illegal alien, something the article did not say she was.  She is however, a dreamer, in the conventional long used definition of the word that wants amnesty.  “DREAMer” is a term cooked up by advocates of amnesty for some illegal aliens.  It is not an term accepted by opponents of illegal alien amnesty.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

I don't care about the nationality of origin of my countrymen, I only care about the nation to whom they hold the highest allegiance.

I don't care about the number of countrymen allowed to join our nation, only that the number reflects the advancement of our needs and actually is designed to fulfill theirs.

Anyone who respects our laws, our Constitution, our flag...is welcomed into my world with open arms.

If 15 million people crash our borders, disrespect our laws, undermine our Constitution, turn my flag upside down to fly theirs in my country, tell me to educate their children, cover their healthcare, bring an infestation of 500,000 gangbangers and drug, gun and human smuggling to our shores...and work with the traitor class here to weaponize government against our Constitutional, free market, self-representative foundations...what, precisely is the attraction I am supposed to find in granting them the unfair favoritism they demand?

The men and women of honor who wait patiently in line are trampled past in favor of those who insult our sense of consistency, order and fair play?

I am NOT interested in building an army of traitors to fill the ranks of the totalitarian overthrow. I am NOT interested in further weaponizing tyranny through the phony slanders of race warfare, religious warfare or national origin warfare.

To be my countryman, you need only to respect my country. I don't see that in this debate.

In fact, I see repeated signs of abject disrespect. I see DEMANDS and ingratitude. Anyone who isn't ASKING ME...but instead is TELLING ME that I MUST make them a countryman...one of us doesn't understand the process.

It isn't the nationality...I don't care, never ask. It is the attitude and manner of seeking my embrace of your fellow citizen status.

If the criminal enterprise operating as an overthrow party wants you merely to give that overthrow insurmountable numbers...and you willingly participate in that lawless and seditious aim...you are not chasers of a DREAM, you are conspirators to crush a 350 year old one that we shed blood to preserve.

For these reasons, my answer to blanket amnesty is...come back to my front door and ring the bell. There may be a line, but the door will always swing wide open for anyone willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with me to preserve the freedoms, liberties and honor of the greatest nation ever built.
Are you a Dem troll? Here in the Southwest, there is widespread cross border drug smuggling and gang activities, areas of cities that might as well be part of Mexico (no one speaks or wants to learn English). Read Dr. Hanson's stories of the Central Valley in California which is rapidly turning into a lawless Third World craphole.
Opening the border is tantamount to surrendering our national sovereignty. The GOP governors and congressmen supporting it are cheap whores for the Chamber of Commerce backed destruction of working class America.
Because of lib narratives that involve the failings of straight white men, the Dem default solution is diversity. But "diversity" is never aimed at Uruguay, Indonesian Legong or Brazilian samba music, Indian Bollywood films, middle-weight boxing, the NBA, Arab literature, Egyptian TV, Taiwanese soap operas or a thousand other things I could mention, including the apparently sad but yet not sad racial "monoculture" of Africa.

That's because the reality is that "diversity" is a newly created "N-word" created just for white people. So, illegal aliens flood us. They in turn advocate for even more. The tipping point is probably too far advanced to shut off. No matter what we do, the immigration bureau, whatever the hell it is, continues to import, completely disconnected from the American public.

No matter what we do, law continues to ignore illegality. What private citizen has the resources to guard our borders, emergency wards, schools, military, etc? I thought we had law enforcement for that.

Libs just can't figure this one out. In their Orwellian minds, it is just fine to attack an entire culture based on geography, but which is successful. It is just as wrong to do so to the failed Third World. That's not even an argument, so how can you win it? It's just racism-lite seen as justice.

Anyone who's traveled - really traveled - around the Third World quickly comes to accept the fact that it is place that has no interest in or talent for something like creating and maintaining a Constitution. It is a dog-eat-dog world of broken sidewalks with a two-inch pipe in the middle for no reason, razor-wire walls, con games, institutional racism and bigotry, massive pollution, indifference to suffering, no human rights, and general incompetence.

The Dem view is they are all unlucky rocket scientists by virtue of colonialism and the whole nine yards. Once here, their talents will be unleashed just as they were for Jews, Irish, Polish, etc. But those people were Europeans, a culture of staggering intellectual aggressiveness where one guy, an amateur, on his own, figured out the secret of molds just because; a story now forgotten and so obscure I can't even find it again. Multiply him by millions. There is no one doing that from Timbuktu to Tierra del Fuego using their own native cultures, even with Western blueprints.

We used to recognize success and invest in it, and marginalize and ostracize failure. Now we call failure noble and success corruption. Our universities were once dedicated to principled knowledge - now they are ideological and racist/sexist failure-factories. Why are we then surprised we are a de facto suicide cult bent on transforming America into an eventual failure? Why is Detroit not a wake up call of what happens when failure is left to its own devices and allowed to spread? "It is what it is" has no meaning any more. "It is what it isn't - cuz I say so and want it to be true" is the new motto.
RINOs are too stupid to realize that all these Mexicans will be voting for homosexual marriage, higher taxes and more welfare spending, as well as for Hillary Clinton and other Demoncrats.
Diversity has become a DIRTY word for me. I began despising it when the General mentioned it in his speech at the memorial service at Ft. Hood. The man who killed and wounded those soldiers had taken everything he could get from Americans, many of whom would have loved to get the education he got for free. IT'S TIME TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!
The nativist case summarized: We have a problem: Recent immigrants don't trust capitalism. Let's make it worse!

I'm no more impressed by this than I am by the similar claim that we need affirmative action to counteract racial prejudice.
Wouldn't it be nice to see some of these Dreamers who are majoring in US history and whose extracurricular activities included helping immigrants to assimilate into the American culture? We do not need more victimologists in America.
Victimology feeds the cycle. Without it, the Left has literally nothing to talk about.
I'm all for immigration reform. We need it. But what's being proposed isn't reform, but complexification.
We don't need a new path to citizenship. We need a single, but simpler, path for ALL who seek citizenship. One process for all, without the special rules for different groups, and without the huge fees currently involved.
...and reform where US Citizens define the rules, not those who've violated our sovereignty, rub it in our faces, and demand yet more treasure.
I think the Church Militant has greatly contributed to the problem, then wonder why they are in decline.
The "church" today was called "Holy Roller" yesterday. ....it's not my church.
Hubby borrowed $8,000.00 from family & friends in the late '90's for his grand American "experiment" (immigrating to the USA from Canada) & was successful enough (back then) to pay everyone back in a timely manner with interest. His reasons for immigrating: 1) To keep more of his money, (higher taxes in Canada). 2) The 1st Amendment. 3) The 2nd Amendment. 4) Escaping Socialized Medicine, (his Father had to wait 6 months to see a Cardiologist & died, as a result). FYI...CONVENIENTLY, the Canadian government DOES NOT require that records be kept on how many people die waiting to see a Dr...perhaps their idea of the "ultimate" in "population control"!!. Hubby also paid an Immigration Lawyer $10,000.00 to get his H1B1 Visa converted to a Green Card. Hubby "invested" in the "American Dream"...to be here "legally". Today's "illegals" feel "entitled" to be here because they "contribute " to the co2 - oxygen exchange...that's how low we set the bar now. Hubby says that the reasons he immigrated here are fast disappearing. I have encouraged him to remain a Canadian Citizen, in case we have to "escape" in a hurry...[SIGH].

cfbleachers, you brought tears to my eyes!! WHY can't SOMEONE...ANYONE in elected office articulate this? I was raised in an immigrant Italian neighborhood & my BFF tells me that as a child she remembers that no one would "hire those d@go's", (her parents were immigrants & we were the only poor white family in this immigrant neighborhood). These enterprising "newly minted Americans " just started their own "Mom & Pop Businesses" rather than whine that no one would hire them. BFF's Dad had contracted polio as a child in Sicily, but as a 9 year old he was a Pearl Diver in the Mediterranean Sea, since he could easily swim. In the USA he never found a challenge he couldn't overcome, including inventing special equipment that allowed him to use his hands (not feet) for driving. He PROUDLY told me that he was a "Naturalized American Citizen"...LONG before I had ANY IDEA what that meant!! THIS is the type of immigrant I WELCOME!!
I don't believe that supporting amnesty has a thing to do with not understanding all the ramifications of legalization for illegals. George Bush, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul and a host of other Republican stalwarts support legalization. And they, the Republican supporters, are as big a touchy, feelie pollyannas as any of the democrats. Let's all save the world.
A free America has become a playground for extortionists of varying stripes to reap the benefits of hard-working productive generations of Americans who toiled in the for-profit sector. They do it here because it's easy and comfortable.

None of the Dreamers listed will create wealth or value that didn't already exist. They are simply political operatives. They will live from wages funded by productive Americans who contributed - either voluntarily or involuntarily to their pet cause. All to help succeeding generations of grifters do the same thing.
Whatmeworry...You nailed it!! That was my EXACT thought when I read their stories...a bunch of "community organizers"!! NOT ONE pursuing a degree in Business or the hard sciences...NOT ONE that will create ANY useful goods OR services!!
1 2 3 Next View All