October 8, 2012
● To support then-candidate Obama as his vice presidential nominee, “I think the Democrats have some intriguing candidates, and [then-71 year old] Sen. McCain is going to have to find somebody younger.”
– Obama campaign finance committee advisor Steve Westly in May of 2008.
● “In 2008 the Obama campaign released an ad that mocked John McCain for his inability to send an email – which infuriated people, because the reason why he can’t send an email is because his arms have never really worked properly after the North Vietnamese got done torturing him. When Obama’s Vice Presidential candidate Joe Biden dared mildly apologize for it, the Obama campaign humiliated Biden by having their lackey Bill Burton come out and retract Biden’s apology.”
– “Aww. Barack Obama *misses* the nice, civilized 2008 election cycle!” Moe Lane, June 2nd 2012.
● “He’s somebody who’s at the end of his career. Eighty years old. I’m sure that — what he wants is to be able to — end his career with dignity. And my hope is that — it happens. ”
– “Obama: Time for Rangel to end career ‘with dignity,’” The Politico, July 30th, 2010.
● “They form what is perhaps the smallest and least influential voting bloc in the 2012 presidential race. But this campaign season, the nation’s oldest voters — 100 years, plus — are proving that they may have the most grit, and an affinity for President Obama.”
– ABC News, “Obama’s Edge With Centenarians,” today.