Ed Driscoll

Roll Over Ol’ David, and Tell Trudeaupia the News

September 17th, 2013 - 5:18 am

Occasionally, Brooks comes to his senses — he admitted in a 2011 New York Times column that “I’m a sap, a specific kind of sap. I’m an Obama Sap.” Well, no kidding, David. But to keep the paychecks rolling in, Brooks must continue to toe Pinch’s party line.

Which helps to explain his Canadian formulation to insult Ted Cruz. It isn’t just going birther; Brooks is trekking very close to the same “White Hispanic” Siberian territory where the Times had previously dispatched George Zimmerman last year. Which is a reminder that, to paraphrase Frank Burns on TV’s M*A*S*H, as far as the Gray Lady and its employees are concerned, tribalism is fine, as long as we all do it together.

Update: Welcome Instapundit and Mark Steyn readers. As Mark writes, unlike Brooks, his fellow Canadian immigrant, “It doesn’t have to be this way. I have a dream that one day my children will live in an America where they’re judged not on the color of their skin but on whether they’ve got an aunt in Saskatoon.”

Mark’s post is titled “The Last Phobia,” and while I would hate to risk arguing against the presumptive GOP senator from New Hampshire, I suspect the Times’ collective oikophobia causes the Great Lady to get a case of Marget Dumont-level vapors (vapours?) over all sorts of phobias, far beyond the growing Phantom Canadian Menace.

(Thumbnail on PJM homepage originally created for Roger L. Simon’s 2012 post, “David Brooks’ Odd Blindness.” And no, I’m not sure why Roger chose the singular case, either.)

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

If Brooks is correct, and Ted Cruz is threatening "the traditional Republican Party", I say "BRAVO! Keep doing whatever you're doing, Ted!"

The traditional Republican Party has given us over five years of disastrously ineffectual, inept leadership, and allowed Obama and his evil minions to run roughshod over this country. It deserves to be destroyed and replaced by people like Cruz. I hope he and others like him seize political power, and guide us back to the kind of country we can be proud of once again.

Bug or feature?
A bit amusing since Brooks was born in Toronto. Maybe he can dub himself "the New York Times columnist from Canada".
Check this legitimate ways to mak℮ money from home, working on your own time and being your own boss... Join the many successful people who have already used the system. Only reliable internet connection needed, no prior experience neccessary, that's why where are here. Start here...>> http://WWW.MAX47.COM
If someone ever finds the planet that considers this clown a conservative, please warn me.
I never want to go there, even by mistake.
test comment
A NATURAL Born American Citizen is one who is born to TWO American Citizen parents all other parameters matter not a jot. Which is why John McCain IS an American Citizen and is why the USURPER and Marco Rubio are not and never can be.
That would be the "Swiss Model of Citizenship".

Cheers
hello
Thank you PJM for enabling my commnetary. This is just a test.
The pathetic nebish Brooks pretends not to be able to understand that who a child's parents are and where he spends his formative years is far more important than where he is born. Pretending is stupid but lucrative.

If Cruz is the Senator form Canada, then Obama is the son of two commies who is irredeemably from Indonesia.

Joe Scarborough and David Brooks make a lot of money playing conservatives in the liberal run media. It's a toss-up as to which one is more risible.
David ("swoons at the sight of the perfect crease in Barack's pants") is a groveling intellectual lightweight.

"...Sen. Ted Cruz and similar legislators’ rise to prominence threatens the traditional Republican Party..."

Davey doesn't even know that Ted embodies a RETURN to traditional republican values.

"Brooks insists the motives of Cruz are less about legislation and policy and more about the politics of undermining the Republican establishment."

Projection, Davey. Can't comprehend an individual who actually stands for something beyond political gamesmanship.

I told you (well, I did) that the forces of ignorance out there would try to do a Sarah Palin (seek and destroy) on Ted Cruz. This is just the beginning.

Five years? I'd say twenty four with some exceptions here and there. I haven't seen a real Republican decide anything since Ronald Reagan returned to his ranch. Oh that we could bring back to life his bones! What would he say to those leading the party today?
Anyone who could say the following with a straight face is an "intellectual" moron, who should be laughed off the public stage at every opportunity:
“I remember distinctly an image of–we were sitting on his couches, and I was looking at his pant leg and his perfectly creased pant,” Brooks says, “and I’m thinking, a) he’s going to be president and b) he’ll be a very good president.”
What a buffoon. I hope he never lives that down.
The conspiracy continues with its latest players.

1 2 3 Next View All