Dr. Helen

Vice Meets the Honey Badgers

August 5th, 2014 - 4:47 am

Alex Brook Lynn from Vice actually wrote a decent article on the International Men’s Conference and the women in the men’s rights movement:

It’s unpleasant to defend people who throw around words like cunt, bitch, and whore while talking about gender, but I must admit that in my conversations with them the Honey Badgers drew my attention to things I had never thought about before and even convinced me some of their grievances are legitimate. I now believe male circumcision could be described as “genital mutilation” and we shouldn’t be so casual about performing it. I also think that society is too eager to accept women being physically violent in relationships, and that we need to start talking about due process in regard to rape allegations, even if the conversation is uncomfortable.

Almost against my will, I found myself liking the group and marveling at their diversity.

"The Stephen A. Smith fiasco, if it demonstrated anything, is that we don't take the notion of women abusing men seriously."--MetroJethro

True. I look around and see that her violence is considered cute, his violence is considered violence. Try this, when you spot one of a man-female pair swatting, slapping, or hitting the other--no matter how 'playful' it may appear to be on the surface--speak up and say, "Hey! That's relationship violence" in a clear, loud voice. Then observe how, in 9 cases out of 10, the female stops hitting, makes an excuse, and the man starts looking embarrassed. What she's been doing is relationship training. She's teaching her man that hitting, slapping, swatting, and punching is her love language. She's not thinking ahead to the day when her training is successful and he answers back.

Most relationship violence is instigated by the female, and that's only the violence that comes to the notice of researchers. Her 'playful' hitting etc. that starts the chain of violence is usually beneath their notice.
Girls are mean. That's just the end of it. They're mean because they know they can get away with being mean.

In the 1970s, my uncle Butch, a former Marine, was married to an abusive wife. One day, she went violently berserk, started screaming, hitting him and throwing things at him. She was so out of control their daughter called the police. When the police arrived, Butch had a broken and bloodied nose. His wife didn't have a mark on her. So, naturally, they arrested him.

Yeah, I would say that society is too eager to accept women being physically violent in relationships, and I don't think things are getting better. The constant depiction of men as buffoons in the media and on advertisements can only be considered as defamation and discrimination. The court system is even worse. A man is presumed guilty of anything he is accused of.

Welcome to the wonderful world of feminism and its male sychophants.

Girls are meaner to other girls, by the way. That's not even mentioned, because it's allowed.
What is never brought into the context of the issue is what she "said" or "did" to instagate it? Words are just as powerful and we all know how events can escalate when the wrong thing is said at the wrong time.
I am not sure I get what he means by "I also think that society is to eager to accept women being physically violent in relationships..." Wouldn't it be "reject" rather than "accept"? Of course, I could be completely incorrect - anybody?
Society accepts women being physically violent in relationships. Or at least did; I think things are getting better.

Sometimes a clueless man who has had his nose broken by a woman throwing hard objects at him will call the police. Things are getting better now, but in the 1980s or 1990s, that man had a good chance of getting arrested himself for domestic violence. He MUST have done something to set her off, and he is the big, powerful oppressor of women, so he has to either stop whatever behavior led to her throwing something ... or go to jail. A "better" response from the cops was to just laugh at him and tell him to control his wife.

As I said, though, things are getting better.
OT. I have decided to be outraged by a television commercial.

Sprint is running a series of advertisements depicting the father of the house as a talking hamster in a clear globe. Where is the outrage, Dr Smith?

Why don't you mobilize your friends in the men's movement to get exited ? This is an opportunity to make some noise....

ta
The Stephen A. Smith fiasco, if it demonstrated anything, is that we don't take the notion of women abusing men seriously. Nobody has asked the question: how many times was Ray Rice's then-fiance* allowed to punch him in the face before he was permitted to respond? Nobody can voice that publicly without fear of retribution. Sure, the advocates give lip service to "all domestic violence is bad," but then they act as if only male-perpetrated domestic violence is bad. You want equality, then provide equal treatment. And expect equal treatment.

*She has apologized publicly for attacking him and instigating the incident