Dr. Helen

Happy Father’s Day!

June 15th, 2014 - 5:12 am

I hope all you Dads out there have a wonderful day with your children or doing whatever you enjoy to celebrate all the hard work and amazing things you do for your family. What are some of the Dads doing today to celebrate, if anything?

Pretty normal Fathers Day. Got up, did chores, ran errands, went to work, came home, more chores and errands, went to bed. Like any other day.
Thanks for the Fathers Day wishes. I am the modern father. I live in California and the kids with their mother in Pennsylvania. Kids texted me and Facebooked me, ex wife apologized that the cards would be late in the mail.
I took the day to teach an NRA course, Woman On Target. 17 woman came out on Fathers day to learn to shoot. Just another day in the park.

My wife and I left the kids with a babysitter, then went out on a date -- lunch at the restaurant of my choice, then out to the range for some quality time together with a long-distance hole puncher. Fun fun fun!
I am sorry your family treats you so badly. Nobody should be disregarded like that. That is precisely the kind of pain a female dominated society imposes on good men. Why in the world would those women be anywhere on Father's Day except with their fathers, husbands, uncles, brothers, and sons? Because they are selfish and self centered, and if I were the instructor I would have told them just that and sent them home.

I honestly question the wisdom of arming people with that kind of disregard for others. They may be the more politically conservative of the women out there, but they are obviously not considerate in their behavior towards the men in their lives. A course called "Woman on Target" is sexist by it's very name. Could you imagine a course called "Blacks on Target?" or "Whites on Target?" or even "Men on Target?" Women have invaded the safe male space of the shooting range and while it has a long term benefit for the gun-rights movement it is at the detriment of yet another male-space being lost. I believe in private institutions being able to deny service regardless and discriminate regardless, but would it be, at all, constitutional, according to the current rulings of the court to have a training course which excluded women? No. So let me ask you? Does this course allow men? And if so isn't the name inappropriate? Either way it reeks of sexism.

I'm sorry you had to impart your knowledge and skill to those sorts of people just to fill a day that should be filled with love and family.