The Five Most Catastrophic Hidden Costs of the Obama Presidency
Deep prices waiting to pounce.
August 24, 2011 - 12:06 am
We well remember candidate Barack Obama’s ’08 throngs laying in breathless wait for the “Lightworker” to appear and speak as “sort of like God” from his teleprompter on high. Now, with nearly everything this president has touched lying in shambles, a shrunken Obama whines from town to town, transported in a taxpayer-purchased bus that resembles a big, fat hearse — the perfect symbol for the harbinger of economic death that Obama’s presidency has become.
It’s painfully apparent now that the American people were scammed in ’08 by Barack the Bamboozler in what will be known historically as the most audacious scheme of fraudulent branding the world has ever seen.
I would just love to see a crackerjack team of litigation attorneys put together a class action suit with a dollar amount on both the tangible and intangible “pain and suffering” costs of the Obama presidency. In fact, if I were a Republican strategist, I would commission a legal team to devise such a case and put it in a PowerPoint presentation for voters by next fall.
The all too apparent costs, of course, are those numbers economists lob forth every day, to a mouths-agape public:
- The staggeringly high unemployment rate – 9.1%, not counting the Americans who have given up looking for work or who are underemployed.
- The still-tumbling housing values, now worse than the Great Depression.
- The inflation indicators, with uncounted sharp inflation in food and gasoline.
- The debt and the deficit, now too big to even fathom without an advanced degree in mathematics.
- The unfunded future liabilities –Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, public worker pensions, and the like.
- When the S&P downgrade is thrown into this cliff-hanging mix, our fiscal situation goes from bad to worse.
But as all litigators worth their salt wind up telling every claims-award jury, the most catastrophic costs to victims are those which are less tangible and remain hidden from cursory view. We recognize this litigious category as “pain and suffering.”
So, on behalf of my fellow Americans, here is my list of the 5 most horrendous hidden costs of the Obama presidency: