The Revolutionary Guards have confirmed that the Iranian Center for Non-Military Preemptive Defense was created with the cooperation of the Ministry of Defense, which conducted a study and coordinated among 77 companies in Iran. Each of the companies is involved in the field of information technology and production, and each has been called upon to make a formal presentation of their products to Iranian authorities. Though there have been major setbacks and delays, Iran is said to be relying on only Iranian experts in this matter.
Due to the extra attention on the industrial sectors of the country, all of which are stationed in southern Iran, the danger for the virus to strike other parallel industrial systems that are related to the energy sector is entirely possible.
Given the fact that Kraftwerk Union (KWU) — a subsidiary company of Siemens — and other Russian companies such as Atom Stroi Export have not responded, the Iranian regime authorities are said to be actively seeking the supreme leader’s blessing to create an alternative power station other than Bushehr. Iranian authorities had not imagined that the work stoppage created by the virus would be so extensive. And last week, the Iranian parliamentary committee stated that the Islamic Republic would probably have been better off building a new nuclear power plant from scratch instead of constantly trying to finish the decades-old Bushehr.
Bushehr was supposed to join the power grid last year, but in March the fuel was removed from the reactor due to technical difficulties. The Russian contractors building Bushehr announced on April 8 that refueling of the nuclear plant was once more underway. The head of the plant had confirmed that all necessary inspections have been carried out to complete satisfaction, and that the plant is ready for the fuel to be transferred into the heart of the reactor.
(Also see: Iran announces discovery of new cyber attack.)