Olbermann Defends Convicted Rapist’s Right to Occupy 14-Year-Old Girl
Worst Person in the World.
February 20, 2012 - 11:22 am
In October, reports surfaced of a sexual assault in a tent at the Occupy Dallas camp. The victim was a 14-year-old runaway and the alleged assailant, a 23-year-old man.
This case is one of 17 on a list of Occupy-related sexual crimes compiled by Lee Stranahan at Andrew Breitbart’s Big Journalism — a list that Current TV’s Keith Olbermann gleefully “debunked” last week in his ongoing crusade to promote a fictitious “No Occupy Rapes, No Cover-Up” narrative.
Stranahan swiftly countered with a point-by-point refutation of Olbermann’s attempt to deny, mock, and minimize the well-documented occurrence of sexual assaults at Occupy protests. But Olbermann’s denial of the Occupy Dallas assault is so vile and morally bankrupt it merits an even closer look (video here).
Despite the Breitbart headline: “Police Investigating Possible Sexual Assault Of Teen At Occupy Dallas,” the alleged assault victim told police the sex in question was consensual. She would not press charges nor cooperate with authorities. The claim that there was an assault originates with one local tv station’s anonymous source in the Dallas police department.
Olbermann reiterates this rape denial later in his Daily Kos post:
One story turns out to have been about consensual sex.
Good thing he told us twice, ’cause now I get it. This was just another gentle Occupier with a heart of gold enjoying some hot, consensual man-on-teen action. He totally tapped that 14-year-old ass. High fives all around! Age is just a number, amirite Keith?
Not quite. As Stranahan pointed out, the legal age of consent in Texas is 17, a pesky law the Occupy-hating meanies in the Dallas Police Department saw fit to enforce when they arrested Richard Armstrong. And contrary to Olbermann’s debunking, the 14-year-old child — yes, child, Keith — cooperated with authorities:
The Child Exploitation Squad initiated an investigation based on the child victim’s statements. After a thorough investigation, a suspect was identified. The suspect was located and questioned. It was determined the suspect is a non-compliant registered sex offender and engaged in sexual conduct with the runaway who is a minor. The suspect was arrested on October 27, 2011, for Failure to Register as a Sex Offender (Felony 2) and Sexual Assault of a Child (Felony 2).
Authorities required Armstrong to register as a sex offender after a 2009 conviction for … wait for it … sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl. According to the arrest warrant (PDF):
The victim stated that she told him to stop and said “NO” several times, but he continued to have intercourse with her. The victim stated that she told Richard she was 14 prior to them having sexual intercourse.
Armstrong waived his rights and admitted to having sexual intercourse with the victim. He further stated that the victim told him she was 14 YOA, and that she told him to stop but he could not stop himself because he “had no power over my body.” Armstrong admitted to not wearing a condom.
Just two weeks before his October 27th arrest for the Occupy Dallas assault, Armstrong signed a plea agreement (PDF) admitting to multiple probation violations, including contact with children 17 years of age or younger, failing a clinical polygraph exam, and unsuccessful discharge from sex offender treatment.
This is the man Keith Olbermann refuses to condemn.