Can Brady Campaign’s New President Save Them?
By selecting an advertising professional to lead them, what does Brady truly represent?
February 26, 2012 - 11:29 pm
(* Sources: CDC, DOJ, and ATF)
Gross hides his “for the children” advertising behind gang violence. The CDC recently published gang violence research on five large U.S. cities. Their findings:
- Three times as many gang homicide victims were aged 15 — 19 years, compared to non-gang homicide victims.
- Gang homicides usually involved young adults and adolescents.
- Gang homicides were “significantly more likely” to involve firearms.
The CDC study included all sanctuary cities “defying a federal law…to assist the federal government with their illegal immigrants.” For example, Los Angeles is home to MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha). The FBI says MS-13 is composed of “mostly Salvadoran nationals or first generation Salvadoran-Americans, but also Hondurans, Guatemalans, Mexicans, and other Central and South American immigrants.”
MS-13 “operates in at least 42 states and the District of Columbia,” and engages in “exceedingly violent” crimes including murder, rape, robbery, home invasions, and kidnapping. Overall, the FBI notes:
Gangs are responsible for an average of 48 percent of violent crime in most jurisdictions and up to 90 percent in several others.
According to the Department of Justice (DOJ), gangs average about 40% juveniles (under 18) and 60% adult (18 and older). A DOJ survey reported that 37% of gang members were ages 18-24, with another 34% ages 15-17. Another researcher concluded: “the typical age range for a gang is 12–24 with the average age of gang members 17–18 years old.”
The CDC reports the highest firearms homicide rates occur at ages 18 to 23. The graph below shows the percent of gang-related homicides by age, collated from FBI Supplemental Homicide Reports (SHR) for years 2000-2009. Ages 18 and 19 contain the highest percentages of all gang homicides, with age 17 fourth-highest.
Corroborating the CDC research, gangs used firearms to commit 92.9% of their murders, compared to 66.3% for all SHR homicides. Between 2000 and 2009, the U.S. homicide rate declined 9.4%, while gang homicides garnered a 19.0% larger percentage of all murders.
Large cities intentionally violate federal immigration law, creating breeding grounds for violent, transnational gangs involved in arms smuggling. Yet anti-rights advertising professionals like Gross want us to believe that limiting our Second Amendment rights will somehow diminish gang-related violence.
None of Gross’ CPYV programs or resources address gang issues.
By selecting Daniel Gross as their new president, the Brady Campaign represents:
- Using children to promote gun control while ignoring the leading cause of child homicide (abuse).
- Ignoring the leading cause of juvenile and young adult violence (gangs) in order to promote gun control as a solution to violence.
- Tacitly supporting municipalities violating federal law (sanctuary cities) to more easily advertise gun control as a solution, thereby punishing law-abiding gun owners for problems caused by government malfeasance.