Klavan On The Culture

Great Idea: A Film Project Worth Supporting

March 30th, 2014 - 8:51 am

And the cover-up continues even now. Ann and Phelim had to remove their campaign from Kickstarter when the fundraising site threatened to edit their language and made noise about canceling the campaign. They moved their efforts instead to IndieGoGo.com.

“Gosnell killed more people than Gary Ridgeway, John Wayne Gacy, the Zodiac Killer and Ted Bundy combined,” Ann points out. “In a thirty year killing spree, it is thought he killed many thousands of babies.” But the media poured all its attention into the simultaneous trial of Jodi Arias, who killed her boyfriend. That story has already become a TV movie and has aired several times.

I think making a film about this story — the story of both the murders and the media cover-up —  is a genius idea. But even more importantly, I know Phelim and Ann and I know they are capable of making a terrific movie. Phelim and Ann are the crusading documentarians who exposed Al Gore’s global warming hysteria in Not Evil, Just Wrong and struck back against the dishonest demonization of fracking in Fracknation. They are talented, dedicated, honest and tough. I think this movie could be brilliant.

Money’s tight for most of us right now. But listen, if you’re going to give ten bucks to a politician, consider giving one of those bucks to this project. The Gosnell baby killings are one of the worst crimes in our history and the media’s near-silence constitutes one of the worst cover-ups in the history of the press. The truth should be told — and if you’re holding your breath waiting for Hollywood to do it, I hope you’ve got really, really big lungs.

You can donate whatever you can here.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Sadly, the thing that really makes Gosnell stand out the most is that he was prosecuted.

There was no type of abuse going on at Gosnell's facility that I haven't seen well-documented elsewhere. And at least Gosnell wasn't raping his patients.
I just sent in $50. I hope they get this done!
All you need to know about progressives is that Gosnell is a hero to them. Every progressive grows up dreaming of becoming a mass murderer just like Gosnell.
Great idea! You need to make sure you have the Margaret Sanger need to exterminate black children!

How will this project differ from the excellent 3801 Lancaster?
Im in. All that money spent on RINOs should go to cultural productions and media business acquisition.
I just kicked in $50. Thank God for people willing to do this kind of work.
Just sent them $50. Thank you Mr. Klavan for drawing my attention.
I just pledged $25 this morning. I sincerely hope this movie is made.